Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest

Go down 
+7
Myron
kitt knighthawke
Texasfear
Lisadavis
Lala
MLT
Meliara the White
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Meliara the White

Meliara the White

Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest Empty
PostSubject: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Hey Ankhies,

As most of you know by now, Alpha and I are expecting our first child in a couple of months. What you may not know is that we waited almost three years for him to be on his way and even went through some fertility treatments. So, needless to say, we're pretty darn excited and maybe a little obsessed with our little miracle. I wanted you all to share even more in our excitement and obsession than you already do through chat, so I decided to have this contest. So here are the rules:

You have until July 15th to make a prediction of:

1. When baby Samuel will arrive (date and time of day)
2. How much he'll weigh (lbs and oz) and
3. What his length will be (inches)

Once he makes his debut, there will be one winner for each category. Each winner will receive:

1 ascended crafting material of your choice (damask cloth, deldrimor steel, elonian leather or spiritwood plank)
10 gold
5 globs of ecto
a share of whatever exotics I loot in the next couple of weeks

Some info that you may want to take into account when making your predictions: Samuel's original due date was August 6th, but my doctor moved it up to July 31st based on him measuring a week ahead in most of my ultrasounds. I was 6 lbs 7 oz when I was born, but I was born a month early, and of course Alpha doesn't have any idea how much he weighed.

Anyway, I hope this contest will just be something small and fun for you all to participate in and share our joy.

Meliara
Back to top Go down
MLT

MLT

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 5:08 am

Ok, well I am SO bad at this...but I'll try anyway...

I'm going to say August 1st in the evening (like between 6 and 9) - this is, of course, after 20 hours of labor
7 pounds 10 oz
20 inches long

Back to top Go down
Lala

Lala

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 10:11 am

1. When baby Samuel will arrive (date and time of day):
August 2nd, Early-mid morning, so between 4AM and 9AM. I hope that's not too much a span of time.

2. How much he'll weigh (lbs and oz)
8.6 lbs

3. What his length will be (inches):
22 inches

I almost hope I'm off on this, but I'm thinking he's gonna be a big ol' healthy boy!
Back to top Go down
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Weight: I am going with 8 pounds 2 ounces
Length: 21 inches
Day and Time: July 31'st in the evening
Back to top Go down
Texasfear

Texasfear

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 11:44 am

I'm going to say 2:35 in the afternoon August 5th.
'bout 7 pounds.
Back to top Go down
kitt knighthawke

kitt knighthawke

PostSubject: Kitt Knighthawke   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Date and Time: July 14th - about 6-8 am

Weight; 7 lbs 8 ounces

Length: 19 inches

Kitt Motha

Have A Blessed Day  sunny

Last edited by kitt knighthawke on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:02 am

I'm going to go with August 6th and he's going to keep you guys up all night and arrive about 4:30 am. He's going to be nice and healthy 8 lb, 5 oz (sorry Mel) and 21.5 inches in length.

Congratz to you guys! And thanks for the contest! This is always fun and exciting waiting on little ones to arrive. Mel, I hope your labor isn't long or hard. Alpha, don't pass out in the delivery room.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 1:14 am

Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest 1559576758
Back to top Go down
Juju

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 4:12 am

Congrats to you guys!! Smile

Hmmm... I'm gonna guess...
August 2nd, at around 3 pm
7.4 lbs
20.5 inches

Now there will be a 3rd Sam in the Ankh family! Razz
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm

I am going to say August 8th around 4 a.m.
He'll be 6 lbs 9oz roughly and be about 19" long.

Best wishes that you have a safe and happy delivery. Congrats to you both! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.makeupotd.blogspot.com
Malikha

Malikha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Aww, I missed the contest deadline. I would have guessed Aug. 12, between 5 and 6 p.m.
Weight 8 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 in long flower
~Mali
Back to top Go down
Meliara the White

Meliara the White

PostSubject: He's Here!   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 10:03 pm

Well, I definitely didn't expect to be announcing winners for the contest this early, but Samuel had his own ideas and arrived on July 19th at 7:13pm. So, with a guess of July 24th, Kitt is the winner of the date category.

As for weight and height, Juju swept both categories by guessing spot on with guess of 7lb 4 oz for weight and 20.5 inches for height. Alpha and I were both super impressed by your prediction skills.

Anyway, I'll try to be announcing the winners in chat tomorrow when you're all on for missions as long as I'm not busy with the baby or passed out catching up on sleep, and after that I'll be getting the winners their prizes.

P.S. I totally think Leigh owes me some kind of prize for apparently cursing me with a long labor when she predicted 20 hrs. Turns out it was 22 hrs and then a c-section.  But, all things considered, we are all doing well.

(I'll make sure Alpha or I post some pictures once I figure out how to do that)
Back to top Go down
MLT

MLT

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 5:15 am

Congrats !!! And I don't need a prize for cursing you :p I just know how first time labors go.
Back to top Go down
Malikha

Malikha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Congratulations, Mel and Alpha, and welcome to the world little Samuel!
I am delighted with the news.  
Many blessings! I love you cheers I love you  cheers I love you
~Mali
Back to top Go down
Puddleplum

Puddleplum

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 6:41 am

Gratz Mel and Alpha!

Plum
Back to top Go down
Juju

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Aw did you guys name him after me cuz I guess the height and weight right? Wink

Joking aside, congrats guys!! Such an exciting new chapter in your life! Don't let one moment pass you by! <3
Back to top Go down
Texasfear

Texasfear

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 11:06 am

Grats to all three of you! I am glad you are all healthy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest   Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpha and Mel's Baby Prediction Contest
Page 1 of 1