Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Another of Myron's Haiku contests!

Go down 
+5
Lala
Harlie
Rie
Strixy
Zephyr
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Myron

Myron

Another of Myron's Haiku contests! Empty
PostSubject: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:35 pm

YES! It's time for another of Myron's haiku contests! Why? Because I haven't done one in a while and it's time!

I am going to copy, paste, and make slight changes to the last contest. Here we go...

As a brief refresher, the haiku is a Japanese verse in three lines. Line one has 5 syllables, line 2 has 7 syllables and line three has 5 syllables.

Here is a sample Haiku:

Strix the tofu queen
Soybeans make her life happy
Bacon haunts her dreams

If you've never written one before or have questions about it, I suggest the following webpage:

http://www.poetry4kids.com/blog/lessons/how-to-write-a-haiku/ (You can just click on that link & it will take you to the page)

Yes, it's written for kids but it's a great page on how to write them.

Now, for the rules:

1. You must post your haiku here by Friday, April 24th, 2015 at 9:00 pm eastern daylight time. No entries will be accepted after that.

2. The subject of the haiku must be a Guild Wars 2 theme. It can be about anything in the game - a mission, a NPC, a player character, anything like that. You can also choose to write your haiku about a guildie if you wish.

3. Abide by the PG-13 rule please. I would like to see our Guild Apprentices enter the contest too so let's not post anything here that they can't read.

4. You may post more than one haiku if you want to have fun with it BUT you must tell us in the forums which one you want to be judged. If you make multiple posts and don't tell us which one to judge then we won't judge any of yours.

5. You may post an additional haiku if you're posting for someone who doesn't have a forum account - as in one of the Apprentices. In other words, a parent may post for their child if the child wants to enter. In that case, both will be judged.

Now for the fun part. This contest is going to be judged like we did the last one for a couple of reasons. #1, I'm lazy and don't want to judge it. #2, Everyone who enters is also going to be a judge!

After I post that the contest is closed to new entries, WE will judge the contest. Everyone who entered the contest will in-game mail me and tell me your favorite 2 entries from the contest. YOU MAY NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN HAIKU! I will total the votes and the haiku with the most votes will win. We will vote starting Friday night and you will have Saturday & Sunday to mail me your votes. I will NOT be voting myself unless there is a tie. In that case, I'll break the tie. Otherwise, this is YOUR contest to enter and to judge. I'm just playing host. I'll total the votes and announce the winner Sunday evening either before or after the guild missions.

If you do NOT send me your votes then I will disqualify your entry and you cannot win. If you want to win, you must also vote!

If you used Rule #5 and entered for someone else then you'll need to send me their votes too.

The haiku with the most votes as selected by YOU will receive 25 gold plus anything else good I get as a drop while the contest is going on. Second place who will receive 15 gold and a third place will win 5 gold.

If you have any questions please contact me in-game, leave me a message here on the forums, email me, or send smoke signals... whichever method is easiest.

OK, let's see those entries!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
Zephyr

Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 2:16 pm

The grand tofu queen
Enters a room with panache
Oh god who farted
Back to top Go down
Strixy

Strixy

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Ruuuude!
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:30 am

*snicker* I though Zeph did a great job
Back to top Go down
Rie

Rie

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Ankh Rules Tyria.
We are a big family!
Ankh is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Harlie

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Myron fried frogs legs.
Frogs now walking with crutches.
          Mind if I hop by?
Back to top Go down
Lala

Lala

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:24 am

Betty is so fine
Working the corner sometimes
The charr do pay well
Back to top Go down
Scott

Scott

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Haiku's do confuse
I don't think I can write one
Oh wait, I just did
Back to top Go down
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:12 pm

oh my nose doth run
I must find a kleenex fast
this will not be fun
Back to top Go down
Juju

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Hmm... let's see if I remember how these work... **AHEM**

This Is A Haiku
Seven Syllables Right Here
One Two Three Four Five

Did I win??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:34 pm

lol ok... contest is closed... everyone who entered please send me your votes!!
Back to top Go down
Scott

Scott

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! EmptyWed May 06, 2015 2:38 am

Zeph
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another of Myron's Haiku contests!   Another of Myron's Haiku contests! Empty

Back to top Go down

Another of Myron's Haiku contests!
Page 1 of 1