Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Apprentice Event / Tour

Go down 
+13
para
begin244
Rie
kitt knighthawke
taskforce
Meliara the White
Puddleplum
Warden
MLT
Katrin Lynn
Strixy
Stitch
Lisadavis
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Myron

Myron

Apprentice Event / Tour Empty
PostSubject: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 6:12 am

Hiya Ankhies.

Warden asked me the other night if we are doing anything as a guild for the Apprentices. He had noticed on the roster that we're up to 10 or 11 Apprentices now. I told him no, that the Apprentices are invited to attend the guild events but that we don't do anything special for them.

Well that didn't sit well with "Uncle Warden" and he said we need to do something for our younger members. He came up with the idea of doing a weekly map exploration run for them. One night a week we take all the Apprentices that want to come along and we explore a map. Open it up for them, help with the hearts, poi's, skill points, etc., so that we eventually have the entire map opened up for them and have them very close to 100% map completion.

Personally, I think this is a great idea. I don't mind setting aside one evening a week to spend with the Apprentices. Heck, I have characters myself that don't have much of the map open! So it will be a great way for any adult that wants to come along to slowly open up the map too.

We especially want to know what the parents think of this. Raisa, Leigh, Karen, any anyone else, what are your thoughts? Do you think the young ones would want to do this? If so, what would be a good night? I think Friday night would be good since we don't have any guild activities that evening and the kids don't have school the next morning. Not that we plan on keeping them up late. Maybe start at 7pm eastern time and explore for an hour or two at the most?

If we put this together, we can start it after the new year and just go with it for as many weeks as we want.

Oh, we even have a name for this - Uncle Warden and Grandpa Myron's Tyrian Tour for Tots. That is if the Apprentices don't beat us up for calling it that.

If you're interested in joining in or helping with this, reply and let us know. We can form up into parties, or a squad, when we do this and just go through a map. I started to say zerg but that's not right. Because we'll be doing this for the Apprentices, we'll take a nice relaxed pace and let them enjoy it. It will also be a good time for the Apprentices, and adults, to play with different weapons and skills.

Just remember if you're an adult that joins us, this is for the Apprentices so we'll be gearing these runs for them. That means watching our language and being nice. It also means being there for support and not one shotting everything if you bring a high level character. We want them to make the kills and get XP from doing this.

So what does everyone think? Reply and give your thoughts, ideas, questions and suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:10 am

I propose they each get their own cabana boy!
Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 8:08 am

THANK YOU, Myron and Warden. Maybe now this will get the visibility I was looking for on previous attempts to get people mapping together. Psy and I tried once before, but nothing ever came out of it. She was so clearly distraught that she drastically reduced her GW2 playing time. Razz And Mali was the only one to take me up on my most recent offer to help (or just give company to) people with their map completion.

So, yes, just let me know a date, time and place and I'll be there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stitch

Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:15 am

I will be able to assist if needed. I have a character with map completion so I will be able to guide to every spot needed in case. Also do need map completion on my guardian as well.
Back to top Go down
Strixy

Strixy

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:28 am

Count me in too! Great idea! Can I call you grandpa myron?? i think it should be called Uncle Warden and Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandpa Myron's Tyrian Tour... that's a bit more realistic don;t you think?

alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien

Zeph, we may want to think about having another adult version of this. I say this because as myron noted this will be geared toward a slower approach. I am all about going slow, but I know sometimes if you are on your third or in dukesy's case your 100th toon, you want to just blast through a map as quick as possible. So perhaps you and I could get together and plan something for the adults as well! Smile I hate mapping, but maybe if we make this a weekly thing people will start coming together for it and mapping will be more fun. I however do not want to take away from the Apprentice Mapping, and I really hope the adults who are interested come along as well! Wink I know I will be there in support to ask Myron "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" bounce
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 10:54 am

Dang it Strix! I am seriously thinking about banning both you and Lisa from going. Between you trolling me and Lisa trying to teach the young ones about "cabana boys" I'm not sure either of you needs to be around the Apprentices!

I think the idea of an adult mapping session is a good idea too. The problem has always been finding a day & time that work for as many people as possible. Another key is to stick with it once you start it. When we first started the guild mission stuff the turnout wasn't so high. But now that we've stuck with Sunday afternoon / evenings, we've started getting good turnouts for them. The same will hold true for any scheduled event. As people get accustomed to logging in and doing something on a particular day, at a scheduled time, they'll start showing up. People really are creatures of habit and once we get them into a habit, it will stick.

Zeph, I've always liked your idea for mapping but just couldn't participate. You and your silly west coast time just don't work for me *grin* By the time you normally get home and login to do something like that, my tired old butt is dragging off to bed to get some sleep. If y'all would just move to the east coast we wouldn't have this problem!

For the Apprentices I'm going to claim Friday evening. I don't want to schedule something for them on a school night so I think Friday is best. Yes, I'm trying to be responsible - that and I don't want Karen and Leigh to track me down and hurt me.

We're not going to start until January though. Not only will there be plenty to do in game with the Wintersday activities, but Raisa and Leigh are still in the moving process so their Apprentices don't have access to their computers.

Zeph, you're always welcome to join us if you wish. It'll be a slower pace but we'll get it done. Thanks Stitch for volunteering to help too. As for Lisa and Strix... *mutters under breath*

I think it's going to be a blast. I've teamed up with the Apprentices before and their antics in chat really had me laughing. We have a fun bunch of Apprentices.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:46 am

ROFL...I don't know what place I'd pick on the east coast though. Maybe Miami Beach?

Agreed...some guildies don't have the sheer amount of patience that I do. Wink So, yes, I'd still love to go along. We probably need to set rules on the characters we bring. I'm thinking that the uber-DPS (geared) characters should stay behind, unless we're planning on tackling random champs along the way. Or doing Orr. Otherwise, maybe support characters/roles would make more sense so that we're not killing (literally!) any of the fun for the apprentices? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Strixy

Strixy

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Yes I will bring my ele and rain on Myron's parade.. I mean... healing.. healing rain on myron's parade.... yeah...that's what i meant!  geek
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Good idea Zeph. The adults mainly bring support characters and let the Apprentices do most of the killing. If we have enough adults that want to come along then we can have a couple bring high DPS characters so that we have the option of doing bosses or events if the Apprentices want to.

Like Strix, I have an ele and an engineer that both need the map opened up so I can bring either one and focus their builds on healing. Naturally we'll start out mapping the low level areas and then move up progressively. We'll adapt our builds and characters as we move towards Orr.

We'll also have to watch the time for the Apprentices so we don't get in trouble with their parents. When we get to the higher level (or bigger) maps, we may have to split it between 2 weeks. I don't want any mommies beating me up for keeping the kids on too late. Although they're welcome to beat Strix up if they want.

And yes Zeph, I think Miami Beach would be perfect... or maybe Fort Lauderdale. Just think of how you could expand the subjects of your photography - especially during Spring Break!
Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Sounds good. Smile I dunno, Myron...I think you might enjoy it if Karen beat you up.

Haha...well, I have been meaning to practice my portrait photography. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Katrin Lynn

Katrin Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 2:08 pm

I think this is a really good idea! The cabana boys I mean. You guys can have Abby, I'm hanging out with Lisa.

In all seriousness though. Abby is always asking for mapping company because she really does prefer to play with others, and she loves you all. I also have lots of maps I can complete on a few characters and would definitely join at least some of the time. I would also like to toss out that some of them may like doing some story modes or even lower level explorables if we ever wanted to shake things up a bit. Fridays sound good!

P.S. I am not beating anyone up!
Back to top Go down
MLT

MLT

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 2:49 pm

The kids would love this and if we ever get into our house, I'm sure they would participate.

Zeph, I am in desperate need of an Orr mapping partner. Do you do runs through Orr? and when are you normally on?
Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 3:48 pm

@Leigh: More times than I can remember. Smile I think I've completed all 3 Orr maps 10 times over now, and have spent countless hours farming orichalcum and ancient wood. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to do it all over again though. So, I'm ready when you are. Very Happy I usually don't get on until 7PST or so but can adjust my schedule since you're now EST. affraid What's a good day/time for you?
Back to top Go down
Warden

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Ha! Hold my beer, this will be fun.... I mean yes, this is a good idea...
Fair warning to all the parents and young'uns, I am "That Uncle" lol. Not really(lie) but I thought it would be fun to follow along with the kids and lend a hand when needed.

It seemed to me that this guild would be a perfect place to show the kids that there are good people out there on the interwebs and that not everyone is a horse's patooty. We have a guild filled with good people and we all know that, maybe now we can show our youngsters why we hang around and play this game together.

I would like to hear from our younger members what they would like to do instead of just being told what is available for them, only makes sense to me. So, what do you youngsters want to do?

This post has been brought to you by the letter K, the number 5 and cabana boys everywhere....
Back to top Go down
Puddleplum

Puddleplum

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 6:05 am

Friday night is good for me, cos it is my Sat morning, and I have two toons to map, so I would def participate when I can. This will be great for Myron, cos he will finally be able to get out of Divinity's Reach and get more than 1% map completion!
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 am

But Plum, I like it in DR! It's safe there and people don't try to kill me... well, except for Lisa. She's been known to drop by DR on occasion too. That's why I don't stand too close to that ledge by the statue of Dwayna *nods*
Back to top Go down
Meliara the White

Meliara the White

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Count me in too, I think this is a great idea. I make no guarantee that I'll always be around (I often try to drag Alpha out of the house for some semblance of a date on Friday nights), but I'd love to help from time to time. And I just maybe have like 18 characters, so on any given map I probably have at least one toon that needs to map it.
Back to top Go down
taskforce

taskforce

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 3:58 pm

I am not so sure if Myron would make a good role model..I'm in... as Lisa's and Karen's cabana boy that is. =3
Back to top Go down
kitt knighthawke

kitt knighthawke

PostSubject: Kitt Knighthawke   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Count me in as well, m,y ranger has a lot of maps he needs to complete, plus he would be good for events and bosses, i LOVE this idea...any night but Wednesday night is good for me.

I will do my best to be here for it, but we do sometimes get busy on Friday nights. Apprentice Event / Tour Af1795c730e788e5
Back to top Go down
Rie

Rie

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:27 pm

As an Apprentice I think that would be awesome because I am working on a legendary and all and so just let me know when u want me there! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:00 pm

*ahem*
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Yes, yes, yes, I know... we still haven't started this. Sorry but Leigh & Raisa ran into complications with closing on their house. I think they're finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel and should be in their new home soon. At that point, Ryan and Chris will have their computers out of storage and can play again.

Sorry, but I really didn't want to run off and leave them behind. As soon as they're settled and back in game we'll start this.

Thanks,

Myron
Back to top Go down
MLT

MLT

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:31 pm

You might as well go ahead. I've completely given up ever having a house and internet again. .... Well , maybe not that bad, but if we are the only hold up, please go ahead. Smile
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Nope, we don't mind waiting a bit longer Smile I want the boys with us when we do this.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:10 am

Just a friendly prod, Myron. I know you're into that sort of thing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Event / Tour   Apprentice Event / Tour Empty

Back to top Go down

Apprentice Event / Tour
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next