Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

The Great Limerick Contest!

Go down 
+2
Puddleplum
Myron
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Myron

Myron

The Great Limerick Contest! Empty
PostSubject: The Great Limerick Contest!   The Great Limerick Contest! EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:01 am

It's contest time! And as with many of my contests, this will be a poetry contest. Big surprise huh?

Several people have asked me to run another limerick contest since everyone enjoyed the last one so that's what we're going to do.

If you're unfamiliar with limericks or how to write them, I suggest you check out the following page:

http://www.poetry4kids.com/blog/lessons/how-to-write-a-limerick/

Yes, it's written for kids but it's a great page on how to write them.

Now, for the rules:

1. You must post your limerick here by Friday, November 7th, 2014 at midnight eastern standard time. No entries will be accepted after that.

2. The subject of the limerick must be a Guild Wars 2 theme. It can be about anything in the game - a mission, a NPC, a player character, anything like that. You can also choose to write your limerick about a guildie if you wish.

3. Abide by the PG-13 rule please. I would like to see our Guild Apprentices enter the contest too so let's not post anything here that they can't read.

4. You may post more than one limerick if you want to have fun with it BUT you must tell us in the forums which one you want to be judged. If you make multiple posts and don't tell us which one to judge then we won't judge any of yours.

5. You may post an additional limerick if you're posting for someone who doesn't have a forum account - as in one of the Apprentices. In other words, a parent may post for their child if the child wants to enter. In that case, both will be judged.

This contest will be judged the same way as my last haiku contest. Everyone who enters is also going to be a judge! As a refresher, this is how we'll do it...

After I post that the contest is closed to new entries, WE will judge the contest. Everyone who entered the contest will in-game mail me and tell me your favorite 2 entries from the contest. YOU MAY NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN LIMERICK! I will total the votes and the limerick with the most votes will win. We will vote starting Friday night at midnight and you will have Saturday & Sunday to mail me your votes. I will NOT be voting myself unless there is a tie. In that case, I'll break the tie. Otherwise, this is YOUR contest to enter and to judge. I'm just playing host. I'll total the votes and announce the winner Sunday evening either before or after the guild missions.

If you do NOT send me your votes then I will disqualify your entry and you cannot win. If you want to win, you must also vote!

If you used Rule #5 and entered for someone else then you'll need to send me their votes too.

The limerick with the most votes as selected by YOU will receive 25 gold plus anything else good I get as a drop while the contest is going on.

If you have any questions please contact me in-game, leave me a message here on the forums, email me, or send smoke signals... whichever method is easiest.

OK, let's see those entries!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
Puddleplum

Puddleplum

PostSubject: Re: The Great Limerick Contest!   The Great Limerick Contest! EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 2:08 am

I notice you have no entries here, so that means, I alone could win the prize bwahahahahaha.

Here I go:

There once was a wordsmith named Myron
Who wrote poetry just like Lord Byron
He shot flowery prose from his bow and his toes
That great smithy of words, named Myron
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: The Great Limerick Contest!   The Great Limerick Contest! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 2:49 am

Smile and the contest is closed.

Gratz Plum! You won! Your limerick was great (yes, it made me laugh). Good job!

I'll mail you your prize in-game. Thank you for entering!

I'll do another of these contests down the road sometime...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: The Great Limerick Contest!   The Great Limerick Contest! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 5:58 am

thank you for doing this one Myron!
Congratulations Starr! I love you
Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: The Great Limerick Contest!   The Great Limerick Contest! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 8:09 am

Dangit...I had been composing one for a couple weeks, but got so caught up with work and other crap that I lost track of the contest closing date. Rolling Eyes Anyway, grats Plum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Malikha

Malikha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Limerick Contest!   The Great Limerick Contest! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:49 am

Excellent limerick, Plum. Congratulations.
I meant to enter, Myron, but the time just got away from me.
~Mali
Back to top Go down
ArizonaRose

ArizonaRose

PostSubject: Re: The Great Limerick Contest!   The Great Limerick Contest! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 12:21 pm

awww I missed this one Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Limerick Contest!   The Great Limerick Contest! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great Limerick Contest!
Page 1 of 1