Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd

Go down 
+26
hunny bunny boo
monkus cowpunkus
Siggy
para
ArizonaRose
Reeshi Chijo
Shana_K
Reigh
petraw1
Ithy
kaegen12
Warrior Skye
mockingjay
DoctorNefarious
Psy
Texasfear
Jason
Fraudulent Thoughts
Puddleplum
Sin The Unicorn
Zephyr
Stitch
Strixy
Myron
begin244
Lisadavis
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd Empty
PostSubject: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:46 am

Hello and welcome to another edition of this weeks lottery. Well the day has finally arrived, the destruction of Lions Arch is nigh and everybody senses something in the air. I guessed something was in the air when I saw a bunch of skrits running from la screeching forget the shinies, new stuff stuff stuffy stuff to the north! Suspect  Anyways I know most of you are sad and well 1 person (probably maybe me) is happy about this upcoming situation (I love Scarlett, she is just so insanely cool!)  Shocked  Shocked  I like to look at it from 2 different perspectives me self. Number 1 being this is the end of the living world story  cheers cheers bounce cheers cheers  and second this opens up a lot of real estate for guild halls maybe? (rumors are flying that they will be introduced to the game this year)

I think I have found the perfect way to soften the blow and maybe lift peoples spirits up.... giving away tons of gold and exotics!  I love you  There will be 3 winners this week. First place getting 30 gold and 5 exotics, second getting 20 gold and 3 exotics, and 3rd finally getting 10 gold and 1 exotic. So I hope you will join me as I raise my wine goblet and toast la, remembering all the fond memories of the past 9 and a half years with a suspicious gap of 250 years somewhere in between!  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  cheers  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven 

And with all that said and done, lets go on to the rules......  affraid 
1) Please reply to this post and leave your in game char name please.
2) Tell us about your fondest memory of LA.
3) Winners will be selected on Sunday at 6:45 om est, 15 min before guild mission time.

I hope you all have 1 heck of an end of the world party going on this Tuesday for the fall of LA. Good luck to all from those of us at Ninja Emoticon Productions (new office address will be announced this week, relocating from LA) Laughing 

I love you Suspect I love you 
Back to top Go down
begin244

begin244

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:27 am

Well even though I am sad to see Lions Arch disappear if it means Guild Halls, l'll blow it up myself! I think my fondest memories of LA would have to be the countless parties that occurred whether in the past or in present Guild Wars Very Happy  jocolor rendeer afro cheers bom 
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:11 am

Honestly, I don't hang out in LA very much anymore. It tends to be laggy and I only visit there when I have to or Strix makes us. I prefer to go to DR now that we have a branch office of the Mystic Forge there. So my only regret about if/when they nuke LA is that everyone will come running to DR and make it laggy.

I do have some decent memories of LA though. Like Begin said, the parties were fun. The bar we declared to be our temporary guild hall has seen some good times. The first Halloween when the Mad King came bursting through the ground and blew up the Lion statue...

Of course, a place like LA always has some not too pleasant memories too... like the time Strix made us slave in the hot sun pouring water on a half dead whale made out of pixels to assuage the guilt complex she carries for keeping dead animal skulls on her shelf.

Anyway, in-game name is John T Chance although most people just think of me as disposable. I'll answer to either one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
Strixy

Strixy

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 9:14 am

ROFL Myron! how can you say that!??? we saved the whale!!! it was a great day! Wink

lets see i have some memories... remember the time we had all the cats on top of Myron? Charrs and lions and all of Fell's little mini cats? hee hee that was funny.

Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd Th_gw046_zpsedc5c901

Or all the countless nights I've danced with guildies on the bank steps! Wink 
Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd Th_gw094_zps4d208aa6

Or when we occupied the trading post!
Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd Th_gw100_zps46e27e5d

or claiming the tavern as Ankh's guild hall! ;)and dancing on the bar!

i love LA.. I am gonna miss it.. but I am loving that they are crazy enough to destroy it! makes this whole game feel more real to me! and IF like Lisa says there is a
chance for guild halls... well, like Begin I will dance on LA's grave! lol
Back to top Go down
Stitch

Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 9:45 am

My in game name is St Itch

Fondest memory of LA would be (from guild wars 1 times): I would do dedicated runs for people from Droknar's forge all the way to LA and surprising them with a "It's free!!" and seeing them be like Whoa!!! I sometimes even ran on my Necro main which was also fairly 100% at runs most of the time, which was new and odd, really funny though since it worked and surprised them.

Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:41 am

Like Myron, I had little to no reason to ever be in LA. I only ended up there because of the quick travel via WvW. That being said...I guess my fondest memory would be the unique architecture.

Jaggerrs
Back to top Go down
Sin The Unicorn

Sin The Unicorn

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Sincapsule

The taking over the trade post event. The hide in seek in LA underwater, never got to hide on land ; ;. And standing next to Lizette the banker that most people don't stop to, my regular standy spot in LA. Gonna have to find a new spot ; ;.
Back to top Go down
Puddleplum

Puddleplum

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:45 am

I've always enjoyed the architecture of LA, but I will miss the beauty of the underwater Old LA which reminds me of the gazillion hours I played and my ancestral toons I used to play in GW. I wonder what they are up to in the other dimension of far away LA. My fondest memory of LA is the Occupy LA Trading Post event and watching all those asura jump up and down and ask when the movie would start and who had the popcorn. That was fun. I hope we get guild halls. I will work really hard for more influence so we can buy one and deck it out with everything we ever wanted. A real place to call home. Here's to LA in all it's wonderful laggyness, may the flames of destruction burn brightly!!

Twinkle Starr
Back to top Go down
Fraudulent Thoughts

Fraudulent Thoughts

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:43 pm

So many years being LA both in gw1 and gw2... so many memories... many not so good, some good...

Who I really feel for is the lion statue in LA... that poor bugger has been thru so much... I went to it to pay my respects last night... and he looked so sad...

Baaaaaah! Who am I kidding I was really happy LA is burning and to that I say... WTG Scarlett!
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Fondest memory of LA would be all the trolls taking their time out of their miserable trolly lives to congratulate everyone (including myself) who crafted their legendary. Oh, and the Mad King blowing up the Lion. Best. Cutscene. EVER.
Back to top Go down
Texasfear

Texasfear

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Favorite memory of LA is the day I began to realize that Stabby  pig  wasn't there, and the joy I felt (as a dude) at not getting whispers from him flirting with me!  No 
Back to top Go down
Psy

Psy

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Character name: Meepa Vas
Fondest memory: Dancing in LA to some awesome music by Myron and Will. It was so social and fun. Oh, and I think there was a game involved. In my own imagination I got the high score for Dance Dance Revolution--Asuran Edition.
Back to top Go down
Psy

Psy

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Character name: Meepa Vas
Fondest memory: Dancing in LA to some awesome music by Myron and Will. It was so social and fun. Oh, and I think there was a game involved. In my own imagination I got the high score for Dance Dance Revolution--Asuran Edition. And in case you missed it.

Back to top Go down
DoctorNefarious

PostSubject: lotto reeee   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Dr Nefarious x

fondest memory would have to be costume brawling my tail off. Things I wasn't too fond of: The lag, the map completion, WINTERSDAY, how much different it was in comparison to GW1, and the most recent of all, getting stuck in a hole during this new event.
Back to top Go down
Kitt Knighthawke

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Well GW2 and Tyria will be forever changed to say the least, i am really gonna miss that lion statue. I have a lot of fond memories of LA here in GW2, the dance parties, the TP occupation, hide n seek, the beach parties( i missed the save the whales party )

LA you just don't seem to be able to catch a break....destroyed for a 2nd time.
LA we love you.
LA we mourn you.
LA we will miss you( as you were ).  Sad 

Kitt Knighthawke aka Katt Kaithe Kitt Axefell Kattaclysmic

Have A Blessed Day  sunny 
Back to top Go down
mockingjay

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Oooo fondest memory of LA... Definitely getting drunk and dancing non-stop at LA bank steps with ANKHIES while tuning to ANKH radio on a Friday night hahaha  cheers 

Fiyero Winterdawn
Lucas Shadowsong
Elsa Thorne
Back to top Go down
Warrior Skye

Warrior Skye

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 6:10 am

I enjoyed spending time in LA when events such as Wintersday and Halloween were doing on. The Lion's statue are something I will always remember also. I will NOT miss the Moa races.....I could never win at that

Back to top Go down
kaegen12

kaegen12

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 9:01 am

This is the memory that stands out the most for me. Easily the first thing that came to mind regarding memories of LA. Here I am...April 2013. A noob in the truest sense of the word. Standing in the Black Lion building watching as the map chat goes by with my main and then ONLY character; my level 40 Mesmer, Keyaran. I see someone named Strix saying in map chat that a guild called Ankh is recruiting. He or she (I don't know which at this point, going by the name alone.) is saying all the right things: Mature, helpful, fun loving. Not a hard core guild, but people who enjoy playing and the social aspect of playing with friends. (I am paraphrasing here, as I do not remember word for word.) I've seen many open guild invites by now in map chat. None sound that good for me. Even got a couple ninja guild invites. Do I push "Accept?" No. I don't want to join a guild with my eyes closed. But this one sounds perfect for me. Do I send a whisper? I don't know..I'm new to the game. Am I ready for a guild yet? I don't know anyone. Maybe I can't really help anyone as much as they can help me right now. Maybe that's selfish.....Maybe I won't bother just yet. ...I really don't have anything special I want to do right now...just standing around. Doing my LA business.  ..There's that Strix person again...Man, that really seems like the perfect situation for me. Chance a whisper? Well, I guess I can at least find out if this is REALLY what I'm looking for...            "Hi. This kinda seems like a guild I might fit in at." (Again, Paraphrasing. Curse my memory! It was a very nice conversation, ending with Strix bypassing a minor protocol or two, inviting me in on the spot. I guess she thought I was a nice person too.) Fast forward a few whispers and I'm your newest Ankh member. "Welcome to the asylum!" "Male or female?" "Uh, male." (Seems like that was the wrong answer.) "Bacon or tofu?" Odd opening questions... "Um...well, bacon." (Strike two!) Some cheers. Some jeers. Oh no! I just pissed off the very nice person that got me into this guild? And I've only been a member about 2 minutes. Way to start off...Ok ok, it turns out these aren't "Make or break" questions. Whew! Ahead to 2014. As far as I know "Strike three" has not happened yet, and I am still here. Very happy. This is what Lion's Arch has done for me.  
Judging by the previous posts here, the change is...permanent? I did not know that. I assumed that after about 2 weeks we reclaim LA and everything is normal again except the next Living World content that we move on to and focus on. A little sad for that. As much as I won't miss the long load times, I assume that they will just occur at the next hangout, which ever place that turns out to be. Guild halls? *#@!$ yea! I'll take it! If there's an option to outfit our guild hall with all the things we need so we can be independent of any particular "Hangout" zone, that just may eliminate any particular zone lags anyway!
Back to top Go down
Ithy

Ithy

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Ismethel

My fondest memory of LA has to be when I finished exploring it and didn't need to visit there again. Unfortunately, I only completed exploring it on Ismethel, not the others, so that's going to be fun....
Back to top Go down
petraw1

petraw1

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Guild Parties.

Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd 1888970_215500421980679_560341326_o

Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd 1926245_215500601980661_580692083_o
Back to top Go down
Reigh

Reigh

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 7:51 pm

I'm fairly new to the game (got in during black Friday weekend) and it was actually Wintersday already when I first set foot on Lion's Arch. I was running around for map completion and noticed a Santa NPC (as some games are inclined to have during holiday patches) standing beside the lion statue and I thought, "Oh that's cool, and hey, it even moves and jumps around?? Hold on a minute..." I take a closer look and turns out it wasn't an NPC... it was Santa Orswich in all his appropriately-dyed Fancy Winter Outfit glory!

As with several of the posts here, I'm also tremendously impressed by the overall design of LA. Some of those those hidden vistas and points of interests are just insane, in a good way. I remember going through the sewers and discovering the Lost Grotto for the first time, coming out of the pipes and into the clearing, looking up and seeing this amazing secret hidden lair. Players would probably only go here a handful of times as they play through their storylines, and yet the detail given by the game designers to remote underground locations are of the same level that they give to the most populated player hubs. Simply fantastic! And as much as I would like mounts in the game, I hope that they don't do flying ones or even ground mounts that go really fast, because it would be such a pity if players would just zoom past these amazing locations and not appreciate the remarkable art and design of the game.
Back to top Go down
Shana_K

Shana_K

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Hello, I am Shana!

My favorite memory in LA was when I used a Mystery Tonic to turn into a bird and tried to fly off of the bridge. Instead of flying, I plummeted into the water, and promptly turned back into a Norn.

While I didn't truly expect to fly, I still feel lied to about the whole ordeal somehow...  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Reeshi Chijo
Admin
Reeshi Chijo

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Wow, coming to think of it, I have quite a few fond memories in LA. Personally, the dance parties, Save the Whales, and Occupy the Trading Post have to be the best highlights of my time spent in LA. I feel bad to hear so many had lagginess in LA, I guess I was lucky and never had any, but I can do without the extraordinarily long load time when I'm mapping in Razz, though that never would have stopped me from coming. I suppose I'll also miss the great social hub that was LA. It was such a great place to know you were going to be able to see loads of other players and the wonderful characters they created. It was a central place we all could go to and enjoy.

And our glorious LA guild hall, the Pub. ::raises a frosty ale:: to the Pub! May you never fall! ...but I'm with ya, if this leads to Guild Halls, I'm ready to start more fires in LA viva la revolucion!!!
Back to top Go down
https://eternalclarity.forummotion.com
ArizonaRose

ArizonaRose

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 2:09 pm

i don't really have a lot of fond memories of LA, too much lag for me!!!

ign. elvia rose

Last edited by ArizonaRose on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
para

para

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 2:10 pm

my fondest memory was the asuran sit in within the tp the jokes were flying thick n thin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd   Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd Empty

Back to top Go down

Lottery for the week ending Feb 23rd
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next