Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa

Go down 
+6
Narvaez
Jason
Strixy
Tree Wisp
Fell Down
Myron
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Myron

Myron

Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa Empty
PostSubject: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:37 pm

Yes, it's that time of the year again, Wintersday is upon us!

So to celebrate Wintersday and all the assorted festivals that occur during this time of the year, let's do what Ankhies do best - PARTY!!

This years Wintersday party will be held on Sunday, Dec 16th 2012 starting at 4:00 pm eastern time (that's 1:00 pm for you folks on the west coast) and will last until we all get tired and wander off to bed.

Since Anet still hasn't given us a home of our own yet, we'll have to host the party in a public place. That does NOT mean it will be a "public" party - all the giveaways, etc., will be handled in guild chat. We'll meet at the bonfire on the beach just southeast of the Fort Marriner Waypoint in Lion's Arch and party there.

There will be random prize giveaways during the party hosted by the Guild Officers (although anyone is welcome to do a giveaway) and this year we're going to try something new - Secret Santa!

The Secret Santa is for anyone who wants to participate and will work like this:

Post a reply to this message stating that you want to be part of the Secret Santa. In that post, list a few items you'd like to receive as a Wintersday gift. Keep it reasonable as many of the guildies don't have a whole bunch of money to spend - let's try not to list anything above 2 gold (yes, I know the prices change throughout the day but you get the idea).

We stop accepting Secret Santa signups on Tuesday, Dec 11th at 6:00 pm. That evening I will put everyone's name in the hat and draw names. You'll get an in-game mail of who you're supposed to buy a gift for. Go back to the list, find that person's post and read what they'd like to receive. You do NOT have to buy something from their list, you may gift them whatever you wish - the list is just some ideas in case you don't know that person very well. You go shopping for the person's gift & at the party, we exchange gifts. So you won't know who's buying a gift for you, only who you're buying for.

Everyone sign up and let's have some fun!

We'll have some other activities going on at the party as well. Fell may sing for us, I think Ed is going to recite a poem, and Lisa said something about taking on all challengers in a chocolate pudding wrestling match. Plus Will and Brad have offered free sax lessons for the guild!

I'll post more info about the party going forward so check back and read any updates.

Now, everyone signup for the Secret Santa list - do it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
Fell Down

Fell Down

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:50 pm

I would love to get my very own frog teleporter so i could save them from Myron , if not that then any mini pet Smile
Back to top Go down
Tree Wisp

Tree Wisp

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Party sounds like a good time and I won't be reciting any poem , but the wrestling sounds like it will be fun to watch.

for Santa all I want is some hair for my head, or something to hide it with would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Strixy

Strixy

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 pm

It's going to be a blast! Wink I can't wait! Smile

For secret Santa I would take any mini pet or rare dye Wink
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:26 pm

sounds like fun, i'll try my best to show up sometime. AS far as Secret Santa goes, Idk what the price would be but I'd love a mini pet, maybe even Norgu's Chest piece. But, hey, surprises are nice too Wink
Back to top Go down
Narvaez

Narvaez

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:37 pm

I won't be here that Sunday, but I'd like to participate in the Secret Santa too! I'll just send the gift later that night or Monday morning if I can't log in Sunday night.

I'd like a mini-pet too. One that goes with a Sylvari Mesmer that likes the color gold (doesn't have to though) or a surprise =) If everyone in the guild gets mini-pets, we can design an event around it in the future! Maybe frog lovers vs frog haters ala the Tofu vs Bacon war in GW1
Back to top Go down
Dart Feld

Dart Feld

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:25 am

I would like to join in on this. My item I would like is a pizza. (plain cheese)
Back to top Go down
Reeshi Chijo
Admin
Reeshi Chijo

PostSubject: Fingers crossed for something other than Coal! :)   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Woot! This is awesome! I'm definitely in. I've been a very good boy this year, so good that I must tell you it over and over and over (need to sink it in!)

Don't ask Strix...she is confused...I really am a good boy!
Back to top Go down
https://eternalclarity.forummotion.com
Wooty Mcwoot

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:45 am

Great idea, I totally want in! Any mini would be awesome; I ain't too picky Very Happy
Back to top Go down
driffter

driffter

PostSubject: yup im in for secret santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:35 am

better late than never XD i want a partridge and a pear tree to put it in aswell i want WVW PEACE so meh guildies can get map completion and mabye a new car that goes REAL FAST maybe not i guess 1 cookie or what ever you wish me to have Very Happy cause this is about us doin something as group and having fun
Back to top Go down
driffter

driffter

PostSubject: on behalf of HUNNY    Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:38 am

since HUNNY is keyboad handicaped atm she want me totell u she is in and all she wants is ancient wood logs or planks so she can make her bow santa lol! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 am

OK, Secret Santa is closed. I'll draw names & start sending in-game mails today. Thank you everyone that participated and I hope Santa is good to you all!
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:41 am

Dart, what's your in-game name? Either I haven't had enough coffee this morning or I can't find you on the roster lol
Back to top Go down
Dart Feld

Dart Feld

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Dart Feld is one of mine characters, Shana mille Feld is my other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa   Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa Empty

Back to top Go down

Ankh Guild Wintersday Party & Secret Santa
Page 1 of 1