Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Myron's Adventure With Scribing

Go down 
+2
Scott
Myron
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Myron

Myron

Myron's Adventure With Scribing Empty
PostSubject: Myron's Adventure With Scribing   Myron's Adventure With Scribing EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 8:14 am

WOOHOO! Gratz to Will on getting to that magic level 400 of Scribing!! Now we can ask him to make us stuff.

Let me detail my experience with asking Will to make something for me. Y'all should read along, you might enjoy this.

I decided to check into what was required to ask Will to craft a bonfire. It seems simple enough, right? Wiki says to craft a bonfire, you need:

5 Campfires
1 Fine Finishing Kit

Woot! Piece of cake! I can do this... or thought I could until I started drilling down. This crap requires multiple levels of recipes. By the time I tracked it all down and made my shopping list, this is what I went through.

Campfire:
5 Basic Torches
10 Molten Fragments
1 Basic Finishing Kit

OK, I can still do this... just gotta remember to get the stuff for five campfires:

25 Basic Torches at 50 silver each = 12.5 gold
50 Molten Fragments on TP = 16.5 gold
5 Basic Finishing Kit

Great, what the hex are these finishing kits and what do I need for them?

Basic Finishing Kit:

1 Basic Scribe Kit
5 Sheets of Coarse Sandpaper
6 Vial of Linseed Oil

30 Vials of Linseed Oil = 22.5 gold
25 Piles of coarse sand = 1.25 gold

WTH? Now I need to track down basic finishing kits? OK, off I go, on to more links on wiki:

5 Basic Scribe Kits:
25 Solt Wood planks for pulp = 1.25 gold
5 Bolts of Cotton = 2.25 gold

Cost for 5 Campfires = 56.25 gold

You have got to be kidding!! And I'm not done yet... still need the Fine Finishing Kit.

Now for the Fine finishing kit. We'll need:

1 Fine Scribing kit
5 Sheets of medium sandpaper
9 Vials of Linseed Oil

9 Vials of Linseed Oil = 6.75 gold

For the fine Scribing kit I'm not even going to try since I don't scribe but I know from looking at the recipe that Will is going to need 5 piles of radiant dust; 3 resonating fragments, 10 pouches of yellow pigment, etc, etc, etc...

The sheets of medium sandpaper will take:

150 piles of coarse sand = 7.5 gold
5 seasoned wood planks = 65 silver
1 bolt of cotton = 8.5 silver

Fine Finishing Kit cost is at least 15 gold.

Total cost for a bonfire is over 71 gold.

Guess who is NOT having a bonfire for their office space? That's right, me. Over 71 gold for a danged bonfire? Anet can keep the bloody thing.

Soooo, my little venture led me to a couple of insights:

1. Anet most certainly did design the guild halls as a gold and material sink. Even with us raising the guild hall level as high as we have AND Will making level 400 in Scribing, it's going to be a painful, and expensive, process to continue to improve it.

2. Now I understand why I can't just whisper Will and ask "Hey, what do I need to send you to make me a bonfire?" He ain't got time to do that for everyone that asks for stuff. Hex, it took me almost an hour just to dig through the wiki maze and figure out this one item.

Now y'all know why Myron will be sitting in his office with his basic chair, basic table, and basic candles. If I can afford the office... Strix still hasn't told me what my office rent will be *sigh*

Myron
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
Scott

Scott

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Adventure With Scribing   Myron's Adventure With Scribing EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 7:32 pm

ROFL...poor, poor Myron.
But Seriously.....what the heck is with the crazy prices for everything.
Back to top Go down
Ankin

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Adventure With Scribing   Myron's Adventure With Scribing EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 7:44 pm

ANet has stated that they are looking at the cost to make decorations with scribe with the intent of reducing the costs (can't remember the post/link right now) but it won't be in tomorrow's patch.

TLIR - There is hope but we don't know when.
Back to top Go down
para

para

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Adventure With Scribing   Myron's Adventure With Scribing EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 7:28 am

yes on april the 1st there giving away 5 free bonfires too everyone
Back to top Go down
Malikha

Malikha

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Adventure With Scribing   Myron's Adventure With Scribing EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Total insanity!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
~Mali
Back to top Go down
Masha Mk

Masha Mk

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Adventure With Scribing   Myron's Adventure With Scribing EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Myron wrote:

Now y'all know why Myron will be sitting in his office with his basic chair, basic table, and basic candles. If I can afford the office... Strix still hasn't told me what my office rent will be *sigh*

Myron

Omg, I just saw this and I'm sad i didn't see it before!

I think your office improved and we should have a PARTY THERE!!!

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Adventure With Scribing   Myron's Adventure With Scribing EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 12:36 pm

lol, yes, it improved a LOT due to your hard work! Thank you hon!

ooo, a party sounds good...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
Masha Mk

Masha Mk

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Adventure With Scribing   Myron's Adventure With Scribing EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 12:38 pm

Myron wrote:
lol, yes, it improved a LOT due to your hard work! Thank you hon!

ooo, a party sounds good...

Im ready to PARTEY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Adventure With Scribing   Myron's Adventure With Scribing Empty

Back to top Go down

Myron's Adventure With Scribing
Page 1 of 1