Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Myron's Special Lottery

Go down 
+10
Reeshi Chijo
begin244
Malikha
Strixy
Puddleplum
Lisadavis
Shana_K
Jason
taskforce
Myron
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Myron

Myron

Myron's Special Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Hiya Ankhies!

I has a shiney! And it's a shiney that some of you in the guild may want. I have the precursor scepter Storm which I managed to get from the forge and I honestly have no desire to craft another Legendary weapon. Storm is the precursor for Meteorlogicus which I'm sure some of you elementalists might want.

Even if you don't want it, you can sell Storm for over 600 gold on the trading post if you want. While I could also do that myself, I'd rather see it used by a guildie that's interested in crafting Meteorlogicus. So if you happen to win Storm, please try to work out a deal with a guildie that really wants to use it.

Did I say "win"? Well, as a matter of fact, I did. BUT, it's going to cost you and you have to follow the rules. My shiney, my rules!

This is what we are going to do... now pay attention and read carefully so I don't have to disqualify anyone:

I am going to "sell" 100 lottery tickets to anyone who is interested. They will be numbered (what else) from 1 to 100. These tickets will cost 3 gold each in game. You may buy up to THREE tickets for a total of 9 gold. The reason I am limiting the number of tickets you can buy is to give as many guildies as possible a chance to win.

I will announce when the tickets are going on sale but it won't be for at least a week. I will probably announce ticket sales Saturday night, Sept 27th during my radio show. IF YOU SEND ME GOLD BEFORE THEN I WILL KEEP THE GOLD AND YOU WILL NOT GET A LOTTERY TICKET. I'll just figure you're sending me a gift.

The reason I'm waiting a week to sell tickets is because I want everyone to have a chance to win this. There may be some people in the guild who don't have 9 gold so I'm going to wait a while for people to earn the money. I'd also like to see those of you experienced players help some of the inexperienced, or broke, players to earn the money. Help your guildies out!

Once I start selling the tickets, you'll send me an in-game mail with 3, 6, or 9 gold in it depending on how many tickets you want. I will then add you to the spreadsheet I'll be keeping with your ticket numbers. *watches Shana get excited*

Once I have sold ticket #100, I will end the ticket sales. That's it... get in early or don't get in.

The numbers you get will depend on what order I open my in-game mail ... there is no selection of numbers, you get what you get. And yes, if you buy multiple tickets you will get two or three consecutive numbers.

I will then come back to the forums where I will post a link to the spreadsheet so everyone sees what numbers they have.

Next, I will announce in advance when I'm doing it, but I will log on to my GW1 account, go to the guild hall, and do a /roll 100 to generate the winning number. Everyone that has a GW1 account is invited to watch the roll. I figure that's the fairest, and most transparent, way of doing this. I want to make sure everyone knows it's fair and legit since I'm asking you to buy your tickets.

I'm sure some of you are wondering what I will do with the 300 gold I collect from this little event. No, I won't be putting in my bank to spend on ale. Instead, 200 gold will be donated to the guild fund to be used for future events (and I understand Strixy has some ideas up her sleeve). The remaining 100 gold will be donated to Lisa to be given away during the lottery where I hope it will be split over a month long period into four, 25 gold prizes. But as always, that's Lisa's decision to make since she runs the lottery.

The only person not eligible to buy a ticket is me. Everyone from Strix down to the newest guild member can buy a ticket. Well, until the tickets sell out anyway.

If you're a new player, or someone who just spent all your gold, or someone who's spouse raided your bank while you were out of town *looks sadly at Will* then please contact me or any officer if you need help raising the money. Yes Will, I will help you farm at least 3 gold so you can buy a ticket...

If you have any questions about how this works, or wish to make a suggestion, do it NOW in a reply to this thread. Once I start selling tickets I will NOT make any changes to the procedure.

And NO, I will NOT accept bribes... that wouldn't be fair since the only person who could successfully bribe me is Lisa. That wouldn't be fair to the rest of y'all.

Now, wait for the announcement of tickets going on sale.

Myron

Last edited by johnchance on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
taskforce

taskforce

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 6:48 pm

THANK YOU Myron for doing this, this is indeed FAIR AND BALANCED>!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Surprised I'M SO EXCITED BAH I LOVE THAT SCEPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Shana_K

Shana_K

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Ahahah, I just set my sights on Meteorololopoloza, or whatever it's called, for my Guardian.

Good thing you set a limit on the tickets, else I'd have to buy all hundred of them. ;-D

Good luck to everyone who enters!
Back to top Go down
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:40 pm

LOL, I love the no bribing rule Smile
And I was thinking the same thing Shana
and then I started thinking 3 per character or 3 per account.......

Thank you Myron! This sounds like a lot of fun! I love you

Suspect I love you Suspect
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:23 am

Yes Shana, that's exactly why I put a limit on the number of tickets being bought. I suspected someone might actually try that!

lol Lisa, it's 3 tickets per account. I should have anticipated you would ask that Razz

Thanks for the comments folks. I wanted a fair way to do this and tried to think it through. I know, the idea of ME thinking something through shocks the hex out of most of you. But since I haven't heard any complaints about the method I'm using to do this yet then I'll take it that means most of you are comfortable with that.

Any other questions or comments?
Back to top Go down
Puddleplum

Puddleplum

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:42 am

No one is game to comment or criticize, Myron - you have the shiny. Awesome idea!!
Back to top Go down
Strixy

Strixy

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 11:17 am

I would like to say that I do not rob Will every week when he goes out of town!... i just skim a little.. off the top.... so he doesn't notice......
Back to top Go down
Malikha

Malikha

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:52 pm

What an awesome idea. And also very generous of you, Myron. I definitely want to buy tickets. cheers
~Mali
Back to top Go down
begin244

begin244

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 5:40 pm

I know right now I probably won't be on that noghtm Could I give 9g to someone trustworthy to give to you that night? Smile
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Yes, just make sure I know who it is and they tell me in the mail that they're buying tickets for you. Otherwise, no one can buy more than 3 tickets.
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 11:42 am

REMINDER!

Raffle tickets for Storm will start this weekend. I'll announce when you can start buying tickets during my radio show Saturday evening. Yes, it will also be announced in guild chat so no, you don't have to listen.

If you send money before the announcement you will NOT get a raffle ticket. I will however, keep the gold as you obviously meant to send it to me as a gift.

There are exactly 100 tickets available for sale which means that if 33 people all buy 3 tickets each then person number 34 will only get 1 ticket. Don't worry, if you send me gold AFTER the announcement then I'll refund it if the tickets are all sold out.

And please, after I make the announcement, wait a couple of minutes before sending your money to give Lisa a chance to buy her tickets. She wanted me to announce that there were only 97 tickets available and to reserve 3 for her. I refused to do that, after which she proceeded to tell me in GREAT detail all the pain filled things she would do to me if she didn't get 3 raffle tickets. Look at it this way folks, if I'm in the hospital, or dead, then I won't be able to do the drawing. So please, PLEASE, let Lisa have her 3 tickets! I'm begging you! *whimpers*

Good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 1:27 pm

well so much for the down low....

LOL
Back to top Go down
Reeshi Chijo
Admin
Reeshi Chijo

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Harrrrrrrr, alrighty matey, ye got me gold! Now we see how dem bones land, may the Fates play kindly!

Thanks for the awesome event Myron! (complimentary and required statement)

Harrrrrr, best ye remember your station matey!!!! ...leader you say? ...well, hmmmm, sure..... ::starts humming a salty jig::
Back to top Go down
https://eternalclarity.forummotion.com
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:08 am

Ok, all raffle tickets have been sold! Thank you everyone that bought tickets and supported this event. As promised in my original post, 200 gold has been placed into the guild account to use for future events and 100 gold has been placed in the weekly lottery account to be used for lottery prizes by Lisa.

I know everyone wants to see what numbers you have so here is the link to the spreadsheet:

Raffle Numbers

Note that there are 2 tickets reserved for Ankh. Those names will be filled in before the drawing takes place. And no, you cannot edit the spreadsheet  Evil or Very Mad  It's protected to prevent anyone from changing their numbers... not that any of you would do that...

If you have any questions, please ask me quick either in-game or here before the drawing takes place.

I will announce when the roll of the dice will take place later.

Thank you again everyone!
Back to top Go down
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 8:39 pm

wow nice Smile
though I could not find the place to guess the password for the life of me!
Back to top Go down
dukesy21

dukesy21

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 am

myron just to let u know u have me down 6 times numbers 4,5,6 and 42,43,44 i can send u 9g more and they can be for elaine or u can resell tickets up to u Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:59 pm

LOL well Dukesy, one of two things happened... while I was trying to sift through all those emails I got slammed with I either read yours twice OR I put your name in place of someone else.

So folks, look down the list and if you bought tickets and are not there, let me know. If no one steps up to say I messed up Dukesy then yes, you may buy those for Elaine.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
Back to top Go down
Stitch

Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 am

Can't seem to see what list we're supposed to look at. Where may I see it?
Back to top Go down
MLT

MLT

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 am

Christopher says he sent you 9 gold for three tickets and I do not see his name on the list. So that might be the issue.
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:52 am

Thank you Leigh! I shall correct the roster and add Christopher to it.

Sorry, I messed this up and delayed the drawing folks!

Now that we have this straightened out, I shall do the drawing over in GW1 tonight after we complete Teq. I'll announce it in guild chat before I go over there. Everyone that has a GW1 account is welcome to come watch the roll of the dice.

Thank you all for your patience and for supporting this event. Good luck everyone!!

Myron
Back to top Go down
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 9:22 am

wow man... there is a gw1 affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
flower afro flower

Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 7:17 pm

Gratz to Zelda on winning the precursor Storm!

I want to thank everyone for buying tickets and making this so much fun... yes, even you Betty.

Rest assured that even if you did not win, your gold went to help the guild and the weekly lottery. Thank you again for participating.
Back to top Go down
Schnookums McGee

Schnookums McGee

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 7:33 pm

WOOHOO! Grats, Hon!

Looks like Shana got a new shiny too! Razz
Back to top Go down
Shana_K

Shana_K

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:46 am

Indeed I did, thank you so much Zelda! I will use this to create the Legendary; no matter who it went to ultimately, I was hoping it would go to someone who would use it instead of sell it. Of course I'm super thrilled I got it. bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce

And thank you to Every Single Ankhie who entered this raffle! Every gold piece is going to supporting the guild, which is just absolutely amazing! Guild support is pretty much my favorite thing ever. <3 every one of you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myron's Special Lottery   Myron's Special Lottery Empty

Back to top Go down

Myron's Special Lottery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next