Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?

Go down 
+5
Myron
Kilek
Zephyr
Jason
Strixy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Strixy

Strixy

Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? Empty
PostSubject: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:05 pm

What do you collect!?

I collect animal skulls.. yes i KNOW that is creepy... lol But it;s actually really really fascinating when you look at how their bone structure is shaped depending on their diet...ok fine i am creepy.

I collect owl stuffed animals. sorta. only cause i love owls and when i see a stuffed animal owl i am like "oooooooo" and I buy it. 0.o

I collect the little realistic animals that you find at toy stores.. three companies make em.. Papo, Safari unlimited and schliec errr something like that.. all I know is if they had these when I was a kid I would have had them ALL!! I am working on North American Animals. Wink

Last edited by Strix Nebulosa X on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Coins. Mainly pennies, but I have a ton of foreign and other state-side coins as well. Even a few bills here and there. Oldest coin I have is an indian head cent from the late 1890s
Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:20 pm

I collected Lego Star Wars stuff for a short stint. >.> Think I got it out of my system though. So, nothing at the moment. :Þ
Back to top Go down
Kilek

Kilek

PostSubject: Re: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:39 pm

I used to collect pokemon cards, I think I had over 700 or 800 or something when I gave them away, and they were almost all the first gen ones with some shiny holographics. *-*
Don't really know why I gave them away.

Another thing I've always collected, and still do, is half-dollars. Don't really know why, I just up and started hanging onto each one I found, which even over all these years isn't very many, I only have ten of them. I'll also collect any other rare coins I come across, although I still kick myself for passing up the opportunity to snag a steel penny. Now that's something you don't see every day.

I guess I've also started a collection of model planes/jet fighters now that I think of it.

And some hockey souvenirs from games and events I've been to, and I have more books than I'll probably ever read, some collectible gaming loot...and looking back, I think I might have a problem... >>
Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

PostSubject: Re: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:10 pm

hmmm, things I collect... whatever catches my fancy pretty much.

Used to collect baseball cards but it transformed into big business instead of a hobby with most people so I gave it up and like Stephanie (yes, I'm going to call you that since I'm old enough to get away with it) gave them all away. and BTW Stephanie, if you want a steel cent I'll be happy to send you 1 or 2... not pristine, collectable condition (sadly) but steel cents none the less. When my 3 children were young (yes, ya'll can stand back for one of the old people's tales) I told them steel pennies were magic. I would sneak into their bedrooms and place a treat under their pillow (candy bar, something like that) then I would go in the room they were playing in and pull out a steel penny. They would get excited because we had the routine down pat. I would make the "magic penny" disappear by sleight of hand and they would all go running to their rooms to look under their pillows and return with their treat the magic penny had transformed in to. lol they would go through my change at the end of the day to see if I had been lucky enough to find a magic penny that day. OK Jason, I'll stop with the old fogey tales now.

I have some other coins and a few paper notes as well, including several Confederate notes.

I also collect WW2 home front items. I have a collection of ration stamps, gas coupons, sugar coupons, stuff like that from when rationing was in effect for the folks back home in WW2. It's neat stuff from a history perspective.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
taskforce

taskforce

PostSubject: Re: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:38 pm

WoW, Grandpa Myron, let us more about the War.... lol! lol! 

I don't really collect anything valuable. I do however collect and keep all the hardware boxes that i used to build my computers over the years...does that count?
Back to top Go down
Kilek

Kilek

PostSubject: Re: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 4:30 pm

That's okay Myron, just as long as you know I might not always answer immediately to Stephanie, I'll let you get away with it. Razz
And if you'd really like to, I certainly wouldn't stop you, just know that I'm really awkward when receiving gifts and whatnot. You most certainly don't have to go through the trouble if you don't want to though. I'll probably try to find something I might be able to give in return. I just have absolutely no idea what though. And as for it not being in pristine, collectible condition, that doesn't bother me in the least, that just goes to show it has it's own story to tell. I like your magic penny story, I'll have to remember it.

The only thing I recall "magically" appearing as a kid was a husky my mom brought home one night/morning. She's a nurse and was working nights at the time, and I remember waking up to her turning on my light and saying something. I was still half asleep and didn't even notice that there was a dog sitting on my bed next to me. He was such a sweet dog, although a bit hyper, but what husky or puppy isn't. I'm terrible at telling stories but that's the gist of it.

Another thing I've remembered I collect is rocks and crystals, although I'm not usually too big on the ones that are completely cut and polished, why hide the flaws when you can embrace them? It's a rather varied collection, from uncut ruby, to worthless hunks of rock I thought looked pretty cool.

Oh, and swords, I've got a few of those lying around too...
Back to top Go down
Dart Feld

Dart Feld

PostSubject: Re: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 5:35 pm

I liked that story Myron, I collect drinks with game art on them, I also have a collection of coins.
Back to top Go down
Puddleplum

Puddleplum

PostSubject: Re: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 7:42 am

I have had to stop collecting things cos they don't fit in my house! I collect books. I had to stop cos I was being over-run by bookcases. I collect CD's and have a cupboard full - but these are slowly fading as more and more of my music is downloaded. I collect brightly coloured socks and have two drawers full at any given time, and I want to cry when I have to throw any of them away (cos yes I wear them all). I also collect brightly coloured underwear and can go at least 4 weeks without needing to wash socks or undies! I also collect dyes in GW2 - must be something to do with the bright colours. I have a ridiculous collection of shiny and sparkly costume jewellery which I never wear and have to slap myself around every time I walk by those chain store costume jewellery places. So technically I don't really collect anything anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lord Aoshi

Lord Aoshi

PostSubject: Re: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:49 am

I've got an ever growing knife/sword collection, other than that Junk seems to describe the things that seem to colelct on their own around here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordaoshi.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?   Do you collect anything? And if so, what!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you collect anything? And if so, what!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Clarity :: That Other Life We Live :: Strixy's Question Thread-
Jump to: