Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Guild Raid Parties

Go down 
+2
Texasfear
Jason
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason

Jason

Guild Raid Parties Empty
PostSubject: Guild Raid Parties   Guild Raid Parties EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi Guys, me here with one of my numerous ideas to take advantage of more than the usual advantages that GW2 throws at us. Bear with me here as my scatterbrained ideas tend to ramble on and have no real sense of direction.

Ankh Raid Parties.

Yes. Raids. Organised chaos (like Baltimore's Defense (Sorry Lisa)). Now, this DOES NOT mean World Vs World raid parties. Yes, they can take place if that is a popular vote to do. I try to avoid PvP when organising guild events since they can be a lot more frustrating than the usual guild bounty (which, in my mind, is saying something).

Now, let me truly explain my thoughts behind these raids. I'm talking Temple Claimings, Meta Event type raids. Some of these that are not all that popular like the dragons and world bosses. For instance, the Hydra Queen. I don't think I've ever come across that event ever being taken advantage of. And as far as temples go, gw2state.com often shows that absolutely NOTHING is hardly ever open in our server. Now, I'll be honest, I don't mind taking advantage of the guesting of different worlds that  Anet so kindly threw our way. However, I still think that if we are going to show that Dragonbrand life is the life to live, we ought to make it more tantilizing through showing we can do things ultimately as a server. Get others to guest us and go, hey, they are super active in PvE and tend to be pretty decent at WvW, or Teq kills, etc. I'm sure by now y'all are catching my drift as to where I'd like to see this go. Either that, or you're just completely lost, alone, confused and cold.

So hear's the blanket and map I'm throwing you: Organised guild parties that raid these meta events to show our server we mean business when it comes to getting our own temples open for business. That we mean business when it comes to defeating difficult, often drawn out fights due to multiple events leading up to the Meta. And in doing this, can get our server bonded more and come together to work with each other in reaching a common goal be it being really good at killing Teq or being the best server out there.

Now, all that I'm looking for from y'all is some feedback on this crazy scheme in my head. Maybe a couple ideas to branch off of this one to help develop it. Or maybe some ideas to help improve my own. And, of course, those that want to participate. Also, questions are definitely allowed. After all, questions are what help fine tune scatterbrained ideas like my own, right?
Back to top Go down
Texasfear

Texasfear

Guild Raid Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Raid Parties   Guild Raid Parties EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Not a bad idea! I'm game for meta events. The Hydra queen in the only thing I lack to get my boss accomplishment, but I have never seen anyone do the event...
Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

Guild Raid Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Raid Parties   Guild Raid Parties EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 2:30 pm

I'm in 100%. You know, I was recently thinking of something like this...only it was limited to champs. It would've been fun IMO to take down all the champs around Tyria that sit/stand/fly/swim uncontested all the time. So, I say we take down ANY champs we come across in the process.
Back to top Go down
Shana_K

Shana_K

Guild Raid Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Raid Parties   Guild Raid Parties EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 3:34 pm

I am all for this. I've tried to organize groups to do these events unsuccessfully in the past, and it's always disheartening for the mass opinion to be "Guest to a server that has it done, it's easier". I want to earn my victories. I want -us- to be that server that people guest to. We have the people and the skill to pull this off, so why not?
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Guild Raid Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Raid Parties   Guild Raid Parties EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 8:17 am

Count me in! Sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.makeupotd.blogspot.com
Myron

Myron

Guild Raid Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Raid Parties   Guild Raid Parties EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 9:57 am

I might be willing to go along on any of the events where Nikki isn't involved. She'll try to use me as a meat shield or feed me to a dragon or something...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
Zephyr

Zephyr

Guild Raid Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Raid Parties   Guild Raid Parties EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Lol Myron.

Shana_K wrote:
I am all for this. I've tried to organize groups to do these events unsuccessfully in the past, and it's always disheartening for the mass opinion to be "Guest to a server that has it done, it's easier". I want to earn my victories. I want -us- to be that server that people guest to. We have the people and the skill to pull this off, so why not?

For the record...I only said that to you that night because, typically, the crossed swords on an Orr temple designate that the big event is starting, or has started. So, the idea of you, Will and myself doing the Grenth event by ourselves seemed crazy. Razz Plus, if that skill point was the last thing keeping me from completing the map, I would've just gone for the quick fix and guested to a different server. But I'm admittedly impatient. As it turns out, though, the event was in pre stage and it was fun tackling that part with you and Will. Smile Believe me, I'm all for taking guildies along to events and doing it legitimately. But I'm also a pragmatist. Oops, negative points for me for using a big word. Razz
Back to top Go down
Zephyr

Zephyr

Guild Raid Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Raid Parties   Guild Raid Parties EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 9:04 am

So, Jason, when do we start these raids? I've come to the realization that I have zero interest in completing the Wintersday achievements (especially considering this awesome alternative for something to do in the game). I'm ready to do this thing.

Oh, and can we add Brisban Wildlands to our list of places to dominate? Particularly the Group Event in Aurora's Remains (those of you who did the Maguuma Jungle Explorer achievement will remember the secret entrance to this area, north of the skill point at Toxal Bog). There's an NPC there that will trigger a series of events that I've never seen before. But it sounds like there's a huge battle, with a reward chest at the end of it.
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

Guild Raid Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Raid Parties   Guild Raid Parties EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:17 am

Absolutely. I plan to really start pushing it after the new year, especially the temples. However, until then I'm all for doing smaller bits like champ runs and some of the snaller events like Brisban. Sound good to you guys?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Raid Parties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Raid Parties   Guild Raid Parties Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Raid Parties
Page 1 of 1