Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

WvW again.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rubicon

Rubicon

WvW again. Empty
PostSubject: WvW again.   WvW again. EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Ok we took a break during the reshift as WvW was not friendly to learning the ropes.  Most of this was due to massive zergs and always being wiped, but now we are in a comfortable tier.  That said we may move again looking at the scores this week.  Regardless though I would like to get maybe 2 time blocks setup.  

My first thought would be Wed nights, they are usually average for size in world and can provide a good time for basic training in wvw and getting the small things down, moving up slowly to get us into shape for those who want to hop in and not be lost totally when folks call for "eyes" or "veil" "might etc.  this will also allow a chance for folks to get setup on the WvW TS3 server and verified as required.  With luck, depending on size, this will be a mix as well between havoc groups and joining in zergs to get a feel of the differences and styles of command.  Voice is handy for WvW, and if nothing more you need to be able to hear what is being said.

My times for Wed nights ideally would be between 7-9 PM EST, but Teq is on and I know we have a big base of folks who go there, so can we get input if something like 8:30-9:30 (or 10) EST would work?

The other time would be Saturday either during the afternoon or night.  Possibly 3-5 PM EST.  This will be more focused on organized runs or supporting as required in maps if we have a callout.  

Could folks interested please reply in here and let me know if the times suggested work or if there were other thoughts?  Thanks.

On a side note we have folks who are in and out of WvW, and folks notice and are glad to see you.  That said there are some characters in WvW who can be a bit abrasive, I suggest you mute them, but no matter what please do not engage or "smack talk" back.  This only adds fuel to the fire and paints us in a bit of a bad light as well as puts off other folks.  By all means have fun and joke but try not to get into heated moments, even if you do see it happening.  Also, if somebody says something to you, listen.  Most know we will be in and out and the majority of folks on DB now are getting pretty tightly knit as a group so they are willing to help and teach.  That also means do not be nervous to ask questions, but remember there can be moments when it is not good to.

Thanks folks,
Rubi
Back to top Go down
Scott

Scott

WvW again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WvW again.   WvW again. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 8:42 pm

If there's something going on at a reasonable time I'll jump in...otherwise I'll just keep roaming and soloing.
Back to top Go down
Rubicon

Rubicon

WvW again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WvW again.   WvW again. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 9:17 pm

Good run tonight folks, hope you all learned a bit.  As I said the server has a WvW teamspeak.  You need to install it from here http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads once you get that our server is
:
 Then message myself or Strix to add you into our guild tagged group, or any commander can help usually to temp tag you just let them know you are with us. We will try to run with this going forward as it helps and allows you to listen to other commanders if you want to jump in at any time.

So to recap and for others looking to come in what we covered is:
WvW server bonuses
WvW ticks and how scores work in general
WvW experience and points for mastery
Borderlands and basic conventions for map locations like SEC (South east camp)
The basic moves in fights that you will see
Actual fighting with the thrill of collecting death bags and loot.
Simple siege, where supply comes from and basics of it.
The safe zones and legendary defenders for Borderlands.

If you missed it and we have enough interest we will work out another run over this, next week on Wed we will add more to this and recap quick.

Sorry I had to dash hopefully next time we will not have that happen.  Hope you all had fun, and hope to see you all again.

Rubi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WvW again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WvW again.   WvW again. Empty

Back to top Go down

WvW again.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Clarity :: Guild Wars 2 :: WvWvW-
Jump to: