Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Share | 

Fathers Day Lottery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lisadavis

PostSubject: Fathers Day Lottery   Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:13 am

Happy Fathers day to all the Dads in the guild and beyond. Thank you for raising us, teaching us, loving us, and everything else you do I love you

we will be playing this week for a 1200 gem code donated by Mike, thank you Smile

rules are:
1) Please replay to this post and leave your in game char name.
2) Tell us a memory (funny or not) involving your dad or about being a dad.
3) Winner will be selected this Sunday at 6:45 pm est, right before guild missions

good luck everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluelaguna

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:26 am

Bluelaguna.3084

I guess a while ago, my mom had asked if my stepdad was a man (don't know the exact context), and he replied, "I'm on a horse!" (Old Spice commercial reference XD)
Back to top Go down
MLT

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:10 am

Leigh

Wow. My dad had high standards and expectations and was a man who believed in tough love, He sacrificed a lot for his family and in my early 20's he went back to school to become a physical therapist, still having two kids at home. Around this time I met and decided to marry Jeremy. My dad left college and never went back. One day recently I asked mom why dad never went back to school and she said he quite school to pay for my wedding. I had no idea. That's the kind of dad my dad was. (well, okay IS...he is still alive Razz)

As for a funny memory...he loved fishing, but was horrible at it. One time I went with him and the entire trip was spent getting the hook out of bushes behind is, beside us, across from the creek, my brothers hat, etc. We always laugh over Dad's fishing trips.

Thank you Lisa <3 (and Mike for the donation)
Back to top Go down
Juju

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:14 am

Juju Jr

Ahhh, I have so many memories of my father growing up. He was the coach of my soccer team, he helped me with my homework when i would get stuck, he would always take me fishing just the two of us. I have too many memories idk how I'm going to pick just one.. I'll share a recent memory I suppose that shares how thoughtful I think he is. When I was visiting home for the holidays my dad was busy converting our VHS tapes of all out home videos on them into DVD's. Before I left to come back to nyc he had said he made a couple extra copies for me, so now I get to have some home videos of my own Smile it's nice to get to watch them from time to time.

Thanks Lisa for putting the lotto together! And thanks Mike for the generous donation!
Back to top Go down
Belarorn

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Belarorn

My favorite memory of my dad was at a thanksgiving two years ago. We were having corn on the cob and he was scandalized that, hicks that we were, instead of using "knives" we were just rolling our corn in the butter dish. (Despicable of us I know). We asked him what the big deal was and he replied it would be so embarrassing if the Queen walked in and saw u acting so uncivilized..We promised that if the Queen came we would assure her that we were not related in anyway to him.

Thanks a ton Lisa and Mike Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Katrin Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:01 am

I just realized that on the week before Father's Day, my dad decided to move halfway across the country....he's gonna have to wait for his present now lol. I feel like I really lucked out in the Dad dept. He is the center of almost every happy memory of my childhood. He never let us go without what we needed and worked very hard. I can barely picture him without a smile. He had FUN raising kids, always laughing. He's kind, generous, and crazy smart, although he doesn't show that off very often. Also, that man knows how to party. If I wanted a good time, I'd just have to show up and he'd get out the grill, tunes and a cooler of beers and eventually people would show up lol.

When we were little, my dad used to like taking us out on adventures. Hiking, fishing, festivals, whatever. But it was never just Dad and his kids. He'd always make a story out of it..he really liked Star Wars and would often have us all pretending that we were Han Solo and Leia and we were exploring Endor and there were ewoks hiding in the woods.

I'm sad that he's moving so far from me. I'm going to miss being able to take a short drive to visit. But for as long as I can remember, all he's wanted was to retire, move to the beach and fish. And he gets to do that now.
Back to top Go down
Strixy

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:21 am

I don't have very many memories of my Dad, (he died when I was 9). He would have LOVED this game and would probably have an account in the guild and play with me from Chicago. He was an art director for an advertisement firm and could pretty much draw anything. My fav memory of him would be Halloween. We lived in Chicago, and had this old house with a stone porch. Every year he would put on these old jeans, plaid shirt and a burlap potato sack over his head, and stuff all his clothes full of newspaper, including the potato sack. He would buy corn stalks and prop them up on our porch. He built a wooden plank like a T and then he would stand in front of it with his arms propped on it. His left arm extended out so that his hand (also covered in burlap sack) was hanging right next to the doorknob. When trick-or-treaters rang the doorbell he would grab their arm and scare the living... soul... out of them! Kids would return bringing their friends to our house just to watch them get freaked out lol. \my dad, also being the artist, designed this crazy real looking tombstones with me, my mom and his names on them, and put them in the front yard. He even rigged this crazy system of string and motors that moved these ghosts up and down the front of our house. He made every holiday full of magic. Smile

This is a great idea to recognize the Dad's! Thank you Lisa for running the lotto! I love you
Back to top Go down
taskforce

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:49 pm

My dad was a brilliant man, excelled in electronics engineering, but unforunately he was a heavy drinker, gambler, and smoker... He lost us our home and caused my mom and 2 kids to become homeless. Therefore forgive me if i don't have many fond memories of him.

Back to top Go down
cameo

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:33 pm

My dad is one of those tough types that went through 'nam and didn't blink, he could yell at me and it was enough to make me cry and not do whatever it was again. When I was 7, I slipped and fell, slicing my forehead on a fire hydrant. He slaps the handkerchief in my hand, tells me to hold pressure, grabs me up and rushes to the hospital. When we get into the suture room, I'm lying on a table with a bright light in my eyes while the doc sews me up. There is a huge crash in the background, but I can't see a thing. When they're finally done patching me up, I am taken into the room where my dad is recovering...he passed out while I was getting treated, come to find out from my mom, he can't stand seeing his loved ones hurt.

Now that I'm older he's not just a Dad, but a friend as well.
Back to top Go down
kitt knighthawke

PostSubject: Kitt Knighthawke   Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:42 pm

I remember one winter day when my girls were little, that night it snowed heavily overnight and we had several inches of nice fresh snow on the ground and for Tennessee that's rare, especially in West Tenn. Anyway i was due into work the next afternoon, but i called in and told them i had something i had to take care of. Now keep in mind this was the first real snowing the girls had seen, Becca being about 5 or 6 and Hannah 3 years younger. I got myself ready for a romp in the snow and bundled the girls up real good and we went outside and had a blast, making snow angels, having snowball fights, and attempting to build a snowman. I still remember it like i was yesterday, it is one of many memories of fun times with the girls.
I also remember when a cat we had was a kitten and one day when we were getting ready to leave to go somewhere when Hannah saw the kitten messing with one of the curtains on our big picture window, and she said mommy, the kittnen is climbing the curtnen. That was sooooooo precious.

Kitt Knighthawke

Have A Blessed Day sunny
Back to top Go down
Morvasca

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:25 pm

Morvasca

One of the moments I remember of Dad was his ability to be patient when I was a kid. I don't remember the exact memory but I believe it was a good one.

Back to top Go down
Myron

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:53 am

I don't remember anything about my biological father. I was abandoned as an infant and left at the edge of the swamp where I was adopted by a family of Alligators. Actually, when "dad" saw me laying there on the bank, he yelled "snack" and headed in my direction quickly. "Mom" tailed slapped him and said "mine!" Dad thought she wanted me as a snack so backed off quickly but instead she took me in to raise. This sort of befuddled dad but he didn't argue because as y'all know, if momma ain't happy then no one is happy.

So I was raised on alligator milk and grew quickly. Dad still wasn't happy but he adapted and taught me all the things a growing gator needed to know. I learned how to sneak up on swamp rats, how to catch a fish with my teeth, and how to wrestle other gators.

Dad and I really bonded after he figured out he could use me as bait. He'd send me up to the edge of the road as a small child and some tourist lady would see me and stop to "help" me. I'd run into the swamp and she'd yell for me to stop and naturally follow after me. That's when dad would take over and the family would eat well that night. Well, except for me. Mom said it wasn't proper for me to eat my own kind so I was served fish or chicken. Such wonderful childhood memories...

Dad passed on a few years back and I miss him. Although I do have this nice wallet and belt to remind me of him so I feel that he's still close.

So Happy Father's Day dad and to all the other fathers out there! Thank you Mike for the donation and thank you Lisa for hosting the lottery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com
CharliM

PostSubject: Father's Day   Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:29 am

My dad was the glue that held the family together.He taught me unconditional love, how to cross my eyes, and make a perfect sundae. When I was six we were sitting on lawn swing together and as a 6 year old is apt to do I was picking my nose, he looked at me and said do you want a nose as big as mine? I never picked it again.
My Dad was a veteran when he retired he gave me his dog tags. To him they represented the strength of Americans with love of country and love of freedom. I always wore them to remind me who was standing behind me with a word of encouragement and support. Happy Father's day, Dad I miss you!

Charli
Back to top Go down
Malikha

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:22 am

I love all the dad stories!  Thank you for sharing, and thank you Lisa and Mike for the lottery this week.

My father passed away last year at 91, and I have many wonderful memories of him.  My earliest memory was being  toddler and waiting for him to come home from work.  He would put on a stack of 78s (usually big band tunes).  Then he would pick me up and just dance.  He loved music and having fun.  He was a great guy and people liked to be around him.  Always had an accepting, live-and-let-live attitude.  Money was never his priority but he always provided for the family, put us through college and was always there for my brother and me.  He adored mom and wouldn't even consider getting a girlfriend after she died.  Papa supported me in everything and gave me the confidence to be whatever I wanted without limitations. That was his greatest gift.

Not sure if I'm supposed to pick a number ... I'll take 91.

~Mali
Back to top Go down
ЯФМ

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Romulus Krank
Ill take #16

Thank u lisa for the awesome lotto this week.
Happy memories n fathers day to all the dads in guild!
Back to top Go down
Alpha the White

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Alpha the White/Sparrow Ilyet

My favorite memory of my father is talking with him late into the night about stuff all over the place...music, books, movies, etc.
I've always been confused when people make fun of me for wanting to talk about all kinds of stuff, because those are always the best conversations.
Back to top Go down
Meliara the White

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Growing up, my brother and sister were both super into soccer, and so was my dad. Sometimes he coached and sometimes he reffed. I wasn't interested in soccer, so sometimes if felt like I didn't have the connection with my Dad that my siblings did. But, he worked hard to find a way to fix that. I've always loved reading and when I was 7th grade, my dad talked me into reading the Hobbit, which he had read and liked when he was growing up. Of course I loved it, and went on to read the Lord of the Rings series. This was just before the movies came out. The year the first one came out, I cheated to make sure I got my Dad's name for Christmas (we drew names in my family at the time) so that I could buy us tickets to go see it together. At the same time, he cheated to make sure he got my name and bought the boxed set of the books. So of course we went and saw the second one together when it came out, but by the time the third one came out, the rest of the family was interested enough to tag along. Very Happy

I also have some great memories of backpacking into the Windrivers (a mountain range in Wyoming) with him a few times. He has 4 brothers, and they all grew up going there once a year with my Grandpa, so it was great to continue the family tradition.

Meliara the White
Back to top Go down
Myrea Rend

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:08 pm

My father once played the part of Damsel in Distress for some party on Lake Oconee. He was in a full wedding dress and the other boaters had to "rescue" him. Oh, and he had a mustache then. I was hiding under the dress train because I was a weird kid.

Officer Murff
Back to top Go down
draconissa

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Kyria Algard

My Dad likes to call himself the "President of the Dull Men's club." Yet most of my extended family finds him rather amusing.
Back to top Go down
Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:52 pm

I really REALLY loved all your stories and it makes me sad that there can only be 1 winner this week. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

The winner this week is Shocked Like a Star @ heaven Suspect Like a Star @ heaven Shocked

Charli!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

Thank you all for playing and especially thank to all the wonderful people who donate and help I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

alien Suspect cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fathers Day Lottery   

Back to top Go down

Fathers Day Lottery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1