Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Share | 

What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lunarous

PostSubject: What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)   Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:17 am

Fried? Boiled?

How do you cook rice and what on top?

Post it here!!

Personally I like to boil rice and put avocado, soy sauce, a fried egg, and some pepper and garlic salt on top!

I also like to fry a protein of choice (like tofu or bacon or bologna) in worcestershire sauce and soy sauce with a little bit of minced garlic and salt and pepper and just but that on maybe buttered rice...

I really need to learn how to use my rice cooker....
Back to top Go down
http://alleybees.tumblr.com
Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)   Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:46 pm

Steamed!...in a rice cooker, or wok with steaming-plate when reheating. I'm half Asian and used to eating meat with plain rice. I've moved on to the healthier black rice, though.
Back to top Go down
MLT

PostSubject: Re: What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)   Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:25 pm

Oh !! Black rice ! I'll have to try that. I just boil it and as for what I put on top...Anything. I'm gluten free so rice is kind of my base for all meals.
Back to top Go down
ЯФМ

PostSubject: Re: What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)   Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:39 pm

Basmati rice all the way, boiled with Lee Kum Kee Sweet Soy Sauce ontop.
mmm Or with butter chicken served over top.
Back to top Go down
Lunarous

PostSubject: Re: What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)   Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Steamed!...in a rice cooker, or wok with steaming-plate when reheating. I'm half Asian and used to eating meat with plain rice. I've moved on to the healthier black rice, though.
What's black rice? Can you get it at any store? Does it taste different?
Back to top Go down
http://alleybees.tumblr.com
Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)   Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:25 pm

I got mine at Amazon. Very Happy It's similar in taste and texture to brown rice, but...nuttier? Takes the longest to cook out of all of them too.
Back to top Go down
Noms

PostSubject: Re: What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)   Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:28 pm

I *never* cook rice in just water. I can't stand the bland.

For liquids, it depends on what I'm doing with it, but usually I'm steaming the rice in a pot with vegetable stock. Sometimes I'll throw in some teryaki, soy sauce, and/or ginger, and let all of that soak into it.

On top, if I'm making it for Lala, I'll press, marinate, and bake/fry some firm tofu. For me, I like to do asian marinated salmon, chicken, or shrimp, and some steamed mixed vegetables. Sometimes I'll use a little sesame and grapeseed oil and stir-fry it all with the marinade instead.

Asian marinade I use is 1 tablespoon mustard, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and a minced garlic clove, scaled for however much I need to cook.
Back to top Go down
Malikha

PostSubject: Re: What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)   Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:12 am

When making plain white rice, I always add a pinch of salt and about 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the water. Beans are the perfect partner. I love topping the rice with Cuban style black beans, Puerto Rican style red kidney beans or pink beans, and Cajun style spicy red beans.

Also love a saffron basmati with my favorite curries.

~Mali
Back to top Go down
Strixy

PostSubject: Re: What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)   Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:49 pm

I get out rice cooker
dump some dried jasmine rice into it
pour some water in it.
push the red button.
after that... well.. it's magic so.. I don't know how it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)   

Back to top Go down

What do you put on top of rice? (How do you cook it?)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1