Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st

Go down 
+14
Rie
Strixy
Stitch
Myrea Rend
para
kitt knighthawke
taskforce
Morvasca
Lala
MLT
Meliara the White
ArizonaRose
Katrin Lynn
Lisadavis
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st Empty
PostSubject: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st 0128

Hello and welcome to a special holiday edition of this weeks lottery! I would like to start of by thanking each and every one of you for being in my life and i am so glad I met you all in this game.

And now for the obligatory Lisa Video!

A very special thank you to Myron who for the past 2 weeks has given me a break  I love you   Suspect   I love you  .
Christmas to me is special. I love the feeling in the air. Feeling and smelling the newly fallen crisp snow on a cold winters day. Drinking hot chocolate in a window and just watch the snow. Such a beautiful thing for me. Watching my family opening presents, though I do have to admit i loved it when my daughter just tore everything and was not so careful as she is now a days  santa
We were all wondering what you liked doing for Christmas or whatever holiday it is you celebrate. Any warm feelings or traditions you have? The answers to these questions are optional as I just like giving to you all but if you choose to answer them I would love reading them.

And now for prizes! We will be playing for 3 spots this week
1'st place gets a code good for 1200 gems and 5 exotics
2nd place receives 40 gold and 4 exotics
3rd place winner gets 20 gold and 3 exotics

and who knows.... Maybe Spellchecker will bake a stack of christmassy somethings for the winners to share

the rules this week are brought to you by wannabe  rendeer
1) Please reply to this post and leave your in game char name please
2) Its optional but I would love to read the answers to the questions I posed up above.
3) Winners will be selected this Sunday at 6:45 pm est. !5 min before the start of guild missions

We here at Ninja Emoticion inc., Ankh leaders and officers want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a very happy, special, and safe holiday! Good luck everyone Smile
santa Suspect rendeer
Back to top Go down
Katrin Lynn

Katrin Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 5:09 am

When I was little, my mom was EVIL on Christmas morning. Like me, the woman is next to useless, and more than a little grumpy without a cup of coffee. And obviously my 3 siblings and I would get up ridiculously early to see what was under the tree. So she implemented the Christmas Bell. We could attempt to wake her, but nobody was allowed near that tree until we heard the bell ring. We would sneak as close as she would let us and try to peak while she had her coffee, put on the tree lights and music, tidied up a bit, because apparently Santa liked to have a little party...it was probably all of 5 minutes but it felt like forever. I can remember the anticipation, and getting so excited to see all the presents from the top of the stairs, guessing which ones belonged to me, and then she would ring the bell. It's a miracle none of us ever got pushed and trampled running down the stairs lol. I now have that bell, and yes, I torture the kids with it every Christmas morning Smile
-Katrin Lynn
Back to top Go down
ArizonaRose

ArizonaRose

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:23 pm

When I was little my grandparents would take my sisters and I outside in the snow on Christmas morning, really really early so we could attempt to see Santa and his Sleigh. (which of course we never did) Then we would have a big breakfast before we opened any gifts. Later in the evening there would be a huge family gathering, with lots of food and games.

Also on Christmas eve Grandpa would gather all us kids around the rocking chair next to the warm fire in the fireplace and tell us the story of Jesus's birth. (I'm not much of a church goer myself, but he really enjoyed it) We always got to pick one present from under the tree to open afterwards.

IGN: Arizona Rose
Back to top Go down
Meliara the White

Meliara the White

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:29 pm

I'm pretty sure my answer to your questions could go on FOREVER, because I absolutely LOVE Christmas traditions, and my family has tons. But I'll just share a few favorites.

When I was a kid, we always had a big Christmas breakfast, and we weren't allowed to look at our stockings or our presents until we were all done. We still always have breakfast first, but the wait doesn't seem quite so long now.  

Another tradition I've always loved is that on Christmas Eve, my dad's side of the family gathers at my grandparents and has a little devotional night. We read the Christmas story from the Bible and often act it out (which has led to some great pics and home videos as us kids have gotten older) and sing carols. Often we read other short Christmas stories as well. We're a pretty religious family, and it's a very special, spiritual night that is also full of lots of fun. And also full of my Grandpa's homemade fudge which he makes in multiple flavors. (Mint, butterscotch, white chocolate, Lemon, etc) It's so tasty, I wish I could send you all a piece.

And finally, one of the Alpha's family traditions that I've grown to love since we got married is his aunt and uncle's "Christmas Adam" party that they have on the 23rd every year. Basically everyone just brings lots of good food and we stuff our faces and socialize.

-Meliara the White

p.s. I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays  santa  Whether you're religious or not, I hope the spirit of the season fills your life with joy and peace. I've loved getting to know you all better over the past few months and I'm super glad Raisa and Leigh dragged me along when they moved guilds because you guys are just all so awesome! I truly count you all as blessings in my life and I look forward to lots more fun and craziness with you all!
Back to top Go down
MLT

MLT

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Leigh

Well. Christmas for me growing up was interesting. I grew up really really poor. I remember many times having no food in the house and not knowing where our next meal was coming from. So most Christmas's consisted of getting a tooth brush. (which actually we were pretty thrilled with Laughing Laughing  ) Even when times were better, my parents were pretty big into "non-materialism" so Christmas was more about being with family and giving.

One thing that really stands out for me were the Christmas's that on Christmas Eve someone would stop by with a HUGE basket of food and gifts for all of us. I know how it feels to on the receiving end of people's generousity and it is very humbling, yet impactful. I will never forget the various people that were so generous to us over the holiday's.

I guess because of the combination of factors, I became a bit of a scrooge as an adult and only since I have had kids do I even decorate for Christmas. (And actually I don't even do that...but the kids look forward to decorating the house and tree for me every year).

And something we do every year is watch A Muppet's Christmas Carol.

So, in the spirit of Christmas giving...thank you all for your friendship. In the midst of a lot of upheaval recently, It's nice to be able to log in and have friends Smile
Back to top Go down
Lala

Lala

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 6:59 pm

The Good, The Bad, and The Lala.

Holidays kind of have always sucked for my husband, who's birthday is dec. 24th, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO since he's turning 30 this year I have arranged a very small surprise party for him at my sister in law's house this Sunday!

Otherwise Christmas is rather tragic for me. It was my mother's favorite holiday, then she died in early January. A few years later my grandfather died in early January as well. Not to mention almost all of Christmas tradition is derived from some other religion/culture/tradition, specifically the pagans. But we give out gifts anyway. Hahaha It's a bonus, though, that my husband's a Buddhist, I'm a naturalist which is the best I can come to labeling what I believe in, and my brother's a Christian.

So Christmas Eve, in hubby's family, is traditionally the time to celebrate with relatives, and Christmas day is for immediate family only, thus we will celebrate with my in laws on his birthday then maybe have pizza on Christmas day. FTW.

LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

PS I really love the snowman and santa claus stuff like trinkets, pictures, hand towels, etc. which is kinda awkward.
Back to top Go down
Morvasca

Morvasca

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Amara Lysera

When I was younger, Christmas was the best for me, waking up parents, looking into our stockings, ripping up presents but as I grew older I became more self aware, realizing the presents weren't as important as family. That's how I see it.

Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st 57f171c027a42f55
Back to top Go down
taskforce

taskforce

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 3:53 pm

When I was young, i didn't understand what Christmas was. My mom's side of the family is Buddhist, therefore we didn't celebrate Christmas. It wasn't until we moved to the states that I was introduced to the concept of Christmas. All i knew was that, I got presents and as a kid, that is what all that mattered. It wasn't until i got older and realize that Santa wasn't real and Christmas was more about giving than receiving. Ignorant was bliss. We used to all gather at my dad's of the family, and have one big meal and prezzie exchange, but then after my mom's divorce, it is just the four of us. We now just buy what we want for ourselves for  Xmas and of course have a meal together that is pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Rie

Rie

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:22 pm

Well every morning we get up at 5:00 am and we open presents and while we open presents my mom makes cinnamon rolls! Also the weekend after thanksgiving we decorate the tree! After we are opening our gifts we go to my grandparents and open presents there and have dinner! Very Happy

-Avuss
Back to top Go down
kitt knighthawke

kitt knighthawke

PostSubject: Kitt Knighthawke   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 7:10 am

Christmas for me has always and for most been spiritual. Even Santa of whom most every child grows up believing is real, til a certain age, is within the spirit of giving and being kind and good. Growing up amongst a Christian family and becoming a Christian has been a most wonderful and awesome feeling all my life. When there is strife in my life( which has not been really hard on me in my life ) i have always been able to turn to the peacefulness and calm of Christianity. Knowing God and Jesus has been and is an awesome experience. So with that here are a couple of Christmas traditions, one when i was growing up and one with Judi and the girls.

On my mom's side of the family, since we grew up in a single parent situation, my mom being a divorced single parent, the biggest tradition i remember was the getting together with her family and having a Christmas dinner and exchanging gift amongst all her brother's and sister's families.

With Judi and I and the girls had 2 things we did, on Christmas eve or the day before we would drive around at night for several miles around town and the county and look at all the homes with all the awesome Christmas decorations. The other was we would watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas and or A Muppet Christmas Carol (the later being an alternative as the girls didn't really like the original Christmas Carol movie).
                                                                                               Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st F94daad9d1abf099

Have A Blessed Day sunny
Back to top Go down
para

para

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 10:43 am

well midnight mass go home hide the pressies all over the house so they gotta go looking for them once they find em settle down at my comp blast out christmas music so the people in the next country can hear it have a drink more music get slighty tipsy have dinner then feel like a nap because im full so have too play louder music too wake up wash rinse repeat till maybe 5 am taaaa dahhh christmas done n dusted bring on the new year WOOOOOOT
Back to top Go down
Myrea Rend

Myrea Rend

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Officer Murff

My family has a tradition wherein we write funny things on the To/From gift tags. For example, my mother (a lawyer and former judge) always receives a present to "Judge [NAME REDACTED]" from "The Boys in Cell Block C." My father (also a lawyer) always receives a present to "The Prosecutor" from "The Zoning Czarina." One of the gift tags addressed to me this year is from "Sailor Moon."
Back to top Go down
Stitch

Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Stitch here

Our family tradition is usually the lighting of the candles for Hanukkah, and then we eat together and share gifts on the 8 days. Mostly we just give everything the first night, the way we've done it instead of something small each night.
Back to top Go down
Strixy

Strixy

PostSubject: :D   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 3:18 pm

When I was a child (up till age 9) my dad was the biggest kid, and xmas was a holiday full of magic and play. My dad collected, i think they were Lionel trains... they are antique now.. and he'd built this 8ft by 8ft base, with hand built houses, roads, lakes, snow, etc etc and a double train track around it all. All the houses were lit up and it was a mini town.Our tree was like 10-12 feet tall and would sit in the center with all the branches and ornaments dangling over the town. It took hours to set up and when it was done it was really really amazing. I would spend hours playing with the little miniature deer and dogs, placing them in different places around the town and watching the train circle by. It was a really wonderful time of year and I will never forget it. After my dad died my mom bought us a 3 foot fake tree, and the trains went into storage. When I got on my own I began creating my own traditions and making all my holidays magical. Will and I have all kinds of wacky traditions. Each year for solstice we "rescue" the ugliest reindeer we can find from the store. And we name it something funny like "bruce" or "frak" and we give it a home under our tree. I mean these reindeer are really ugly... hee hee and it's fun to go through the stores looking for the most hideous looking reindeer we can find.. it's a lot of fun. lol We also hand paint pictures of our pets onto stockings lol lats year i had to paint a cow stocking !
I love this time of year because the world is twinkly and warm and cozy and people are reminded to love and care about each other. What ever religion you are, I think the spirit of the season echos through us all. I celebrate that my life is filled with good people. And I am so very lucky to know them. That most definitely includes all of you. <3 rendeer
Back to top Go down
Rie

Rie

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 8:26 am

Awwww ty strix!
Back to top Go down
ЯФМ

ЯФМ

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Romulus Of Krank

For the last 12 years I have gone to a homeless shelter and helped give out their holiday meal, something I've always found important to do. I also bake a few Tourtière pies in honor of my mum. One of my fav holiday meals Smile

Last edited by ЯФМ on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alpha the White

Alpha the White

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Sparrow Ilyet/Alpha the White

I don't like traditions, they make me feel less free.
Back to top Go down
Abby Light Moon

Abby Light Moon

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:29 pm

On christmas eve me and my family track santa down throghout the day on norad. Then we eat chinese food for dinner. Then we watch The christmas story. then we go to bed. On christmas me and my siblings hae to stay away from the ree untill my mom rings the bell. Then we open presents.
Slinet Light Moon- ranger rendeer
Back to top Go down
Gassy Italian

Gassy Italian

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Mike (Gassy Italian)
Back to top Go down
Lisadavis

Lisadavis

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:59 pm

and the winners this week are santa rendeer Suspect rendeer santa

Leigh
Myrea
Rom

Congratulations to all of you!

Thank you everyone for playing and especially thank you all for the wonderful donations. You are all so amazingly awesome!

We all want to wish you a Merry Christmas and hope you all have a safe and Happy Holiday! rendeer rendeer rendeer santa rendeer rendeer rendeer

rendeer Suspect rendeer

Stay tuned.... same christmas time, same christmas channel.... for the upcoming Christmas lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *insert wannabe evil laugh here*
Back to top Go down
MLT

MLT

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Thank you Lisa!!

and congrats to Myrea and Rom as well Smile

And I really enjoyed reading all your holiday traditions !!
Back to top Go down
Rie

Rie

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Gratz for winning guys!
Back to top Go down
Rie

Rie

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 5:41 pm

Gratz for winning guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st   Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st Empty

Back to top Go down

Lottery for the week ending Dec 21'st
Page 1 of 1