Eternal Clarity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Clarity guild forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
<3<3<3 Thank you to everyone for being so generous in helping us build our Guild Hall to the max!!! <3<3<3

Health and an apologies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psy

Psy

Health and an apologies Empty
PostSubject: Health and an apologies   Health and an apologies EmptyTue May 06, 2014 1:54 pm

If you don't know me, I tend to be a private person. However, over the last two weeks I have not been the same. This post goes out to people that I interacted with and I didn't come off so great.

I am a veteran and served in Afghanistan. Unfortunately, I suffered injuries and a seemingly unending list of health issues.

A couple of weeks ago the VA fund a brain aneurysm and nodules in my lungs that could be a precursor to lung cancer (I don't even smoke, dang it!)

I have been, sad, angry and stressed out mostly because I feel how this affects my spouse more than me. Dying? Meh. These two things are at the beginning stages so easy to watch for and the interventions offered didn't seem worth the risk. That is why you haven't seen me much on lately--lots of doctors and hospital visits.

I want to apologize to anyone I have hurt, offended, been curt with, frustrated with, etc. If you have a grievance with me, bring it up. I can't promise my feelings won't be hurt, but I will do my best.

-----------------------------------------------
On another note. I am going to do better being transparent with people. Know one really knows me so being honest and open isn't a huge risk.

By being transparent, I mean that I will write or vocalize my true feelings, but not in offensive ways (hopefully). This is not a "call 'em as I sees 'em thing, but I make mistakes, I get hurt and defensive sometimes and I will let people know that. These feelings are my own responsibility and no one else's. I will also try to be genuine with positive things like appreciation, humor, and fun.

I am tearing up a bit writing this. This makes me uncomfortable because this is personal information, which I don't like sharing, but there is something about having a time bomb in your head that puts things in perspective.

I enjoy this guild. There are lots of people that I really like. I probably would not be playing GW2 without Ankh.
-------------------------------------------------
This post is not meant to garner feelings of pity or even provoke encouragement. I wrote this because I needed to put some context on my actions, which are my responsibility, and to let people know that my interactions with others will change (hopefully for the best).

And now to make sure anyone who reads this, that your mood is positive I give you cats and the internet.

Back to top Go down
Myron

Myron

Health and an apologies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health and an apologies   Health and an apologies EmptyTue May 06, 2014 3:51 pm

::climbs up on the soapbox::

First off Psy, thank you for your service. You're one of the many veterans we have in this guild - Pitnick, Lisa, Neil, Kitt, Chris, Senior Ed, and others who put their lives on hold to wear the uniform of their country and defend the freedoms we all hold dear. I don't always agree with the places our governments have sent us to or the reasons they sent us, but we all went and did our duty. For that, I thank all of you.

Secondly, almost all veterans cry out in unison about the abysmal way they're taken care of after their service. I can't speak to the other countries (Neil, feel free to chime in) but the US Veteran's Affairs Dept is in horrible shape. Reading about veteran's who died while on unofficial "waiting lists" for appointments makes my blood boil (Link). Veterans who are IN the system are treated with disdain, veterans who are still trying to get into the system are treated worse.

We're still fighting to get full acknowledgement and treatment for the people who drank the tainted water at Camp Lejeune, although progress has been made (too little, too late if you ask me) (Link). That wasn't a combat zone - that was stateside duty with not only the active duty members but their spouses and children drinking water laced with dry cleaner chemicals. Something that went back to 1953 and didn't stop until 1987. I drank their bloody water for years but I consider myself lucky - my kids weren't born until they closed the wells.

So Psy, you've earned the right to be curt with me anytime you want to, no apology is ever needed.

Thank you again for serving. I'll keep writing those letters to Congressmen and Senators on all veteran's behalf. I just hope they get the system fixed in time to get you the care you deserve.

::climbs down off the soapbox::
Back to top Go down
http://www.ankhies.com

Health and an apologies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Clarity :: That Other Life We Live :: Real Life-
Jump to: